For THE GIRLS..WEIGHING DURING TIME OF THE MONTH.

2»

Replies

• fogurina
    fogurina Posts: 39 Member
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    fogurina wrote: »
    good or no?lost 5 pounds now in last 3-4 weeks.period came last Sunday,haven't lost anything since and have even been more active..what gives?I'm frustrated and feel like stopping.lol

did any females on here have any kind of menstruation education during Health class in middle school? Come on, girls. This is basic stuff.

Well,bodies change.last diet,I had no problems with it really.just everything is odd this time
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    This is my mantra in the week before and during my period:

Thou shalt not weigh thyself the week before thine menses.
  • fogurina
    This is my mantra in the week before and during my period:

Thou shalt not weigh thyself the week before thine menses.

Lol or during.we shall see.had to buy a new scale too.this one was giving different weight three times in a row constantly.ah well,new day tomorrow:-)

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    good or no?lost 5 pounds now in last 3-4 weeks.period came last Sunday,haven't lost anything since and have even been more active..what gives?I'm frustrated and feel like stopping.lol

did any females on here have any kind of menstruation education during Health class in middle school? Come on, girls. This is basic stuff.

Well,bodies change.last diet,I had no problems with it really.just everything is odd this time
    Pay that no attention. You're allowed to ask any dang question you want. :)
  • fogurina
    Kalikel wrote: »

Pay that no attention. You're allowed to ask any dang question you want. :)

Well thanks:-) I'm just really discouraged right now.last time my weight basically fell off.not sure what I'm doing wrong.I should be losing even if I just sat around all day with the calories I eat.I'll get in the swing though.I have a good start.don't feel all hungry anymore etc,so here's to a new day:-)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member

I don't actually remember this from health class.

Also, before I weighed myself daily, I didn't really notice this. I certainly didn't notice that I gain around ovulation as well.

What does surprise me is that there are new threads on this daily.

• fogurina
    kshama2001 wrote: »

I don't actually remember this from health class.

Also, before I weighed myself daily, I didn't really notice this. I certainly didn't notice that I gain around ovulation as well.

What does surprise me is that there are new threads on this daily.

I didn't see one,or I wouldn't have posted.guess I could have looked further,but posting my own was faster.lol

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member

I cant remember back that far. I certainly don't remember any classes talking about menstruation.
    I'm pretty sure that was left up to our parents to explain.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    2-5 pound fluctuation for me, so I just avoid the scale.
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    I weigh often as I like to learn more about my daily fluctuations and when to expect changes. I typically gain anywhere from 2 to 5 pounds during TOM. It usually drops right back off when it has passed. Sometimes, however, my body will hold onto the weight a little longer. So don't let it get to you. It's natural, and like you said, everyone is different. Just keep working toward your goals and you will be fine!
  • fogurina
    lwebsmfp wrote: »
    I weigh often as I like to learn more about my daily fluctuations and when to expect changes. I typically gain anywhere from 2 to 5 pounds during TOM. It usually drops right back off when it has passed. Sometimes, however, my body will hold onto the weight a little longer. So don't let it get to you. It's natural, and like you said, everyone is different. Just keep working toward your goals and you will be fine!

Thanks.Ya I will:-) flow has slowed and is almost done,and I broke the barrier.Lol I hope by tomorrow it'll all be gone,and whoooosh:-)

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    I weigh daily no matter what. It's good to understand what your trends are so that you don't freak out when something completely normal happens (like weight gain for your period).
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    edited July 2015
    I weigh every day. That being said, my TOM started this morning, weighed this morning and am down 2 lbs. <shrugs>
  • asimonep
    asimonep Posts: 47 Member
    I weigh everyday. I'm always up 4 pounds from the day before my period starts till several days after it ends. It sucks, but the more I get used to it, the less upsetting it is.
  • fogurina
    Thanks,Ya I get bad feedback for weighing each day,but screw it.Lol I do it,like u guys,to keep an eye on the trend:-) I think TOM is just about over.yaay