Juice Reboots, What did you eat when it was over?

Options
SwolfeC
SwolfeC Posts: 45 Member
I am more then half way done with my 15 day reboot. I may do a few more days, I am really enjoying it! and I plan on juicing a meal maybe two a day, but I have lost 10 pounds already and I really do not want to gain any back, so I was just wondering how do you eat now that you are not juicing all the time?

I know I will have to limit meat and dairy intake (which is fine) but I was hoping to have my oatmeal for breakfast!

Replies

• MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    What exactly does the juice reboot do?
  • SwolfeC
    SwolfeC Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    this is what I am doing, I am on day 8 of the 15 day plan http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/rebooting/plans/
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    You can stop now and incorporate protein so you don't completely pillage your muscle mass. You're going to gain it all back - that's what happens with fads like this. They aren't sustainable and yield temporary results. You're peeing everything you're consuming. Eat real food.
  • Nancymcgregor
    Nancymcgregor Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I only did the three day reboot but after my reboot I ate veg only for two days then third day I had fish and fourth day chicken. My body just craves veg now.
  • ashmarie1083
    ashmarie1083 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of my 5-day reboot right now. I'm trying to figure out what to eat tomorrow. I'll probably have a juice for breakfast, but then maybe try and have salad for lunch etc
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    10lbs in 15 days is water weight. Ten pounds of fat weight weight in calories is 35,000. Truly doubt you were in deficit 2333 calories per day. Those are the numbers.
    It's a fad diet. Like all diets, it has a 5% success rate. And why? Because just like this thread asks, there's no program to assist it to teach someone how to eat correctly.
    Skip the fad and learn NOW how to eat correctly. Just eat in deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    $149 for a 15 day juice cleanse - does that price include a juicer? :o
    You could buy a whole lot of solid food for that.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    MG_Fit wrote: »

Oh! Oh! I know this one. It gives gullible people false hopes.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Isn't it a reboot because the first time juicing didn't work and you gained it all back? That's what his 2nd movie showed it as. So I guess after you eat whatever, gain it all back and then do another reboot.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I am more then half way done with my 15 day reboot. I may do a few more days, I am really enjoying it! and I plan on juicing a meal maybe two a day, but I have lost 10 pounds already and I really do not want to gain any back, so I was just wondering how do you eat now that you are not juicing all the time?

I know I will have to limit meat and dairy intake (which is fine) but I was hoping to have my oatmeal for breakfast!

Yikes. I'm sorry to say, but it's impossible for you to have lost 10lbs in fat over 15 days. (Not my opinion - the science is literally impossible). Meaning that what you lost was likely some waste materials and a whole lot of water.

You're going to gain this back over the next 1-2 weeks, but don't be discouraged. Start the next day on a deficit; make sure you get some good protein, and you can minimize this regain.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    10lbs in 15 days is water weight. Ten pounds of fat weight weight in calories is 35,000. Truly doubt you were in deficit 2333 calories per day. Those are the numbers.
    It's a fad diet. Like all diets, it has a 5% success rate. And why? Because just like this thread asks, there's no program to assist it to teach someone how to eat correctly.
    Skip the fad and learn NOW how to eat correctly. Just eat in deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

+1
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    MG_Fit wrote: »

Oh! Oh! I know this one. It gives gullible people false hopes.

And the people who can sell undeserving large bank accounts.

• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

This is the problem with these fad "cleanses" "detoxes" and "reboots". They get you all excited about the supposedly amazing things that the plan can do for you, but give you in fact, zero information and knowledge about what your body actually needs and what you should be doing after your 3 day, 5 day, 10 day, whatever day plan.

The fact is, you can just eat normal meals: protein, fat, carbs in the proper proportions for your dietary need TODAY and EVERY day and skip whatever b.s. plan you saw on the latest Oz show.