The MOVIE opinion thread

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
edited July 2015 in Chit-Chat
Without giving away too much info, just give your thoughts on movies that are out now and recommend or not whether it may be worth checking out.

ANT MAN- I just saw this today. IMO, Marvel does it again with some great set ups for the next Avengers movie.

INSIDE OUT- Another great Disney/Pixar movie great for all ages.

MINIONS- While I like animated movies, I feel asleep halfway through this one. More because I was tired than bored, so I can't tell if it's worth seeing or not.

Love to hear some feedback on movies that are still to come or are out now.

Carry on.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    Inside out - I laughed and laughed...remembered growing up and when my kids grew up...laughed and laughed.
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Inside Out - See it!
    Magic Mike XXL - Are you a woman? See it!
  • undergloom
    undergloom Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Mad Max: Fury Road - The best action film in a decade. No, even longer. It has everything that contemporary action films lack; most notably, a strong emotional core, but also terrific practical stunts and effects that put all that modern computer-generated stuff to shame. It's a chaotic symphony of destruction. It's beautiful. It's disturbing. I cared about nearly every character on a personal level. Every action that occurs moves the plot forward; it's a simple plot, but it's executed masterfully. It's devoid of insulting expository dialogue; it assumes that the audience can keep up without having the characters constantly clumsily explaining what's going on, as if the writers assume that the audience is composed of idiots. I've seen it four times; I haven't seen the same movie in theaters more than once since I was like 11 years old. Shockingly good, particularly in the age of tepid, watered-down remakes and reboots. I cannot say enough great things about this film.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    undergloom wrote: »
    Mad Max: Fury Road - The best action film in a decade. No, even longer. It has everything that contemporary action films lack; most notably, a strong emotional core, but also terrific practical stunts and effects that put all that modern computer-generated stuff to shame. It's a chaotic symphony of destruction. It's beautiful. It's disturbing. I cared about nearly every character on a personal level. Every action that occurs moves the plot forward; it's a simple plot, but it's executed masterfully. It's devoid of insulting expository dialogue; it assumes that the audience can keep up without having the characters constantly clumsily explaining what's going on, as if the writers assume that the audience is composed of idiots. I've seen it four times; I haven't seen the same movie in theaters more than once since I was like 11 years old. Shockingly good, particularly in the age of tepid, watered-down remakes and reboots. I cannot say enough great things about this film.
    I NEED to see this. Haven't yet because my DD is on summer vacation.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png