i wanna know..

Options
95savvy
95savvy Posts: 114 Member
your biggest gym pet peeve.. so mine is,

it drive me bonkers when i see dumbbell hoarders.
they are in their little corner with 3 different popular weight groups for what seems like FOREVER!
drives me crazy.

Replies

• hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Children in the women's change rooms drives me nuts, and people on the treadmill who are walking slow and not even breaking a sweat (why even show up if you are not going to make a decent effort?)
  • upgradeddiddy
    upgradeddiddy Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Not racking weights properly even when the numbers are right on the rack...so many times I have had to play Dora the Explorer for weights
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I'll just leave this here so that you can see what everybody else *kitten* about. Seriously, if you get that upset, why even go? Christ...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10194118/things-people-do-at-the-gym-that-you-hate/p1
  • Steam_Powered_Awesome
    Steam_Powered_Awesome Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Not putting anything a away

women in full makeup with almost no clothes on who don't actually plan on working out

people who work out in weird ways or make unnecessary noises just to get other people to stare at them.

To much perfume/ cologne or the smell of mildew

• Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,763 Member
    Options
    Unless people are doing something that's dangerous I really don't have any pet peeves. I'm just more happy that they care enough to come down to the gym to improve themselves.
  • Mrj183
    Mrj183 Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    people who spend all their time on their phones for like 15min and not lifting or getting off the machine...
  • 95savvy
    Options
    Not racking weights properly even when the numbers are right on the rack...so many times I have had to play Dora the Explorer for weights

i feel yah on that one...
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    People who don't put stuff away, people who on their mobiles all the while instead of training. People who think they are so good but really just suck.
  • haleklausen
    haleklausen Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    What drives me nuts is when people don't put away their weights, and just sit on equipment.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Unless someone is doing something that directly interferes with my workout in a completely unreasonable way, it doesn't bother me. They paid their membership, they can use the facilities however they see fit.
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    hotnumber wrote: »
    Children in the women's change rooms drives me nuts, and people on the treadmill who are walking slow and not even breaking a sweat (why even show up if you are not going to make a decent effort?)

Just curious - why would this bother you? The person may be recovering from an injury and taking it slow to make sure they don't have a relapse. Besides, even if they are walking snails pace, it's faster and burning more calories than the person still sat on their sofa eating crisps...
  • Efemral
    Efemral Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I used to go to a gym that was about 3 floors up, and people would stand blocking the escalators, holding their gym bags. It used to remind me of that Simpsons episode where Homer and Hank Scorpio use a treadmill for a while then step off onto a conveyor belt.

Hank Scorpio, if you don't remember:
    zpZ5qcv.gif

• _incogNEATo_
    Options
    Efemral wrote: »
    I used to go to a gym that was about 3 floors up, and people would stand blocking the escalators, holding their gym bags. It used to remind me of that Simpsons episode where Homer and Hank Scorpio use a treadmill for a while then step off onto a conveyor belt.

zpZ5qcv.gif

It would bother me if you were at a gym and taking the escalator.

I swear, people *kitten* about the stupidest things. I don't know why threads like this bother me so bad, but I will never understand why members can't just get over it. All of it.
  • 95savvy
    Options

zpZ5qcv.gif

I swear, people *kitten* about the stupidest things. I don't know why threads like this bother me so bad, but I will never understand why members can't just get over it. All of it.

well it's not like you had to comment on it.
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    95savvy wrote: »

zpZ5qcv.gif

You're right. The crazy thing about public forums though is that I can. Weird how that works, huh?
  • 95savvy
    Options
    SLLeask wrote: »
    hotnumber wrote: »

Just curious - why would this bother you? The person may be recovering from an injury and taking it slow to make sure they don't have a relapse. Besides, even if they are walking snails pace, it's faster and burning more calories than the person still sat on their sofa eating crisps...

i agree.
  • 95savvy
    Options
    95savvy wrote: »

zpZ5qcv.gif

You're right. The crazy thing about public forums though is that I can. Weird how that works, huh?

so weird.
  • Efemral
    Efemral Posts: 16 Member
    Options

There were no stairs, my friend. It was the only way to get there.