Summer Challenge Memorial Day to Labor Day

Options
This is a group for all. I will try to keep up with all that join and every Sunday post an inspirational person who because of a NSV or loss in weight or measurements has a moment to shine. The way this is going to work is I need weight and mesurements for all who are intrested. For women it needs to be at the peak of your bust, smallest portion of your waist and largest of your hips. For men it should be across the nipple, at the belly button and the hips.

My summer challenge goal is 30lbs and to fit nicely in size 14s no matter the store (sorry Old Navy you make it too easy for us with all the stretch in your fabric.)

Please post measurements before midnight so I can get a head count and make a list of all of us.

SO the only Rule is Support, and negativity towards others will not be tolerated.
Sundays-post your weekly inspiration
Monday-weigh in and measure
Tuesday-cardio challenge for the week
Friday-Healthy dessert options (Please feel free to share)

Replies

• littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I would like to join and will aim to lose 30 by Labor Day also.
    My current weight is 243 as of this morning .
    I have measured and will keep track privately of that number if thats okay.
  • sbear867
    sbear867 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Of course it's ok!
  • sbear867
    Options
    Also if you would like share a little about yourself.

My name is Sara and I'm the proud mother of a wonderful 2 yearold daughter. I'm learning to like running again so that ICANN run the princess marathon at Disney in 2013.

Waist 36'
    Hips 50.75'
    Bust 41.75'

Weight 222
  • pbe21577
    pbe21577 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi Sara! I'm Paula and I have a beautiful 9 year old daughter that I want to be healthy for! (And a wedding on October 1 that I REALLY want to wear a size 14 to!) I am definately in as this feels like even more accountability! I am loving MFP in that it gives me immediate feedback on what I have eaten and what I have left to work with for the day, but am still realtively new to the site, so I don't know how to do all the tricks, like how you get your SW, CW, GW and stuff to print below your post....but here is my current info: Weight: 245; Measurements: Bust: 50, Waist: 44, Hips: 54.
  • brittbrat892
    brittbrat892 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    HI! Im Brittany.. I have a two year old son. He's my inspiration! I just really want to feel good about myself again! my current weight is 169. Im' going to try to lose 30 pounds by Labor day too! Good luck to everyone who joins!
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to see this. I had already set a goal of 20 pounds for myself by Labor Day (but I would really love to lose 30). I have recently lost motivation and I am hoping this will give me the added nudge I need!

Here are my measurements as of 5/30/11.

Bust: 41"
    Waist: 34"
    Hips: 44"

Weight: 187
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Sounds like some great accountability!

Well, I just came back from Frontier City which is Oklahoma City's Amusement Park. Today I rode 2 rides and just held all the sunglasses, cell phones & toys while my husband and two sons rode the other rides. Our boys want to come back for Frontier City's Halloween Fest which runs during October and everyone comes to the park in their costume. So, I told the kids that we can come back in October. Then I whispered to my husband, "If I could lose around 40 lbs, I would feel more comfortable to ride more of the rides."

Then, I came home and read this challenge! Thanks again for putting this together! Here are my measurements as of today:

Waist: 41 inches
    Hips: 52 inches
    Bust: 43.5 inches

Weight: 263.6 lbs

Goal: 225 lbs
  • llcooljfan
    llcooljfan Posts: 1
    Options
    I am in as well. I feel this is a realistic challenge 30lbs by Labor Day. I just signed up with MFP today and think this is confimation for me to stay. I have been on Weight Watchers Online, but some one told me about MFP (it's free), so I decided to try it. My favorite everything is "free", so here I am. I am 100% committed to losing weight and embarking on a new lifestyle. I need to be more conscience of what I am putting in my body and how I am treating my body. My body is a temple and it should be treated as that. I think I am going to love this website.
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    I would like to be in as well! My name is Sara and my goal would be to lose 30 pounds by Labor Day too!
  • juliej65
    juliej65 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just joined today too... am 46 years old and have three daughters .. 21, 23 and one is 2 1/2 years old!... I am also about to be a grandmother any minute! I have to do this for my kids. Particularly my little one - and the grandbaby on the way....

I was in great shape before the last baby 160 lbs and a size 10... Size doesn't really matter now.. I just need the energy to be present for my little one(s).

So starting weight is 215.. Goal weight is 160lb - 46" waist 41" and hips 49"
  • linz_83
    linz_83 Posts: 45
    Options
    I too aim to lose 30lbs.

My name is Lindsey, I am a mother of 2kids 7&9.
    I am super motivated and only wish I had been this motivated in January!

So Memorial day to Labor day = 99days or 13 weeks however you want to track it

Here are my measurments
    chest 45
    waist 42
    hips 47
    memorial day start weight 219.5 ( .5 away from my 10lb May goal weigh in tomorrow )
  • serendipityrr
    serendipityrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am in, too!
    My weight goal is to lose 25 lbs by Labour Day!
    I wil weigh tomorrow and post my weight here, along with measurements!

Great idea....

:bigsmile:
  • sbear867
    Options
    Welcome All!!!! I'm so glad we wre able to support each other this summer! No matter your goals, I hope we will all be successful. Since it's Tuesday, here's this weeks challenge:

3 min warm up
    2 min moderate intensity
    1 min easy
    3 min moderate intensity
    2 min easy
    4 min moderate intensity
    2 min easy
    90 sec intense
    2 min easy
    3.5 min moderate
    5 min cool down
    Do thus with your favorite cardio, elliptical, treadmill, bike, jogging trail or whatever make you sweat.

Have a great Tuesday!!!!
  • sbear867
    Options
    I hope everyone had s great day! I'm so motivated and excited to see the other side of this summer!!!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I am in for the one also ! I will keep track of my measurements myself if thats ok ! My weight is 196.0 and i would love to loose 30 pounds to be at 166.0
    My name is kristen and i am a very proud auntie of 3 girls and 1 boy and they are my world ! I need to get my weight off so that i will always be around for them !
  • linz_83
    linz_83 Posts: 45
    Options
    Goal for today :

drink more water!
  • lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I would also like to join , my daughter got engaged this weekend so I have even more reason to be accountable , but I have a year before she gets married , I would love to lose 15 pounds and then maintain for the rest of my life. I am 5'9" and I currently weigh 165. I think anywhere from 145 to 150 will be ideal for me, but these last pounds have been stubborn so I will shoot for 15.
  • lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    OOPS forgot to post measurements

Waist 32"
    Hips 40.5"
    Bust 38"

CW 165
  • sbear867
    Options
    Goal for today :

drink more water!

Did you meet your goal?
  • sbear867
    Options
    Its barely officially Sunday, but I found my inspiration for the week and I hope to hear everyone else's soon.

WEEK 2 Inspiration- to slim these hips until I no longer need to spread the tricep machine handles to the wide setting to fit between them. :wink:

Didn't see any healthy dessert options posted and I apologize for not posting mine....so here is one to try...frozen banana drizzed in honey and sprinkled with cinnamon. YUM