Almond butter.... foul!?!

Options

Replies

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    i opened a jar in the store to sample it before i bought it,it was kinda yucky so i left it on the shelf!

Seriously? You just left a jar you opened and ate out of on the shelf for someone else to buy?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    i opened a jar in the store to sample it before i bought it,it was kinda yucky so i left it on the shelf!

Seriously? You just left a jar you opened and ate out of on the shelf for someone else to buy?

:noway: That would be pretty bad. Did you dunk your finger in there??

• fuelednfit
    fuelednfit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    This
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Does it have salt? We are used to the added sugar and salt in most peanut butters.

Most people don't realize pb has added sugar and salt and hydrogenated oils. Try all natural pb get use to its texture and taste then start trying other nut butters sunflower seed is amazing but the most decadent in my opinion is macadamia butter.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,007 Member
    Options

Sadly, I suspect that this could be true.

People actually do that in one of the grocery stores near where I work. It's absolutely disgusting!! And you've really got to check everything when you buy it to make sure someone hasn't been into it, sampling.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

That's disgusting. And basically shoplifting.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

People actually do that in one of the grocery stores near where I work. It's absolutely disgusting!! And you've really got to check everything when you buy it to make sure someone hasn't been into it, sampling.

oh boy ! You'd hear me squawking in the next isle if I ever saw someone doing that in my local grocery store.
    Imagine getting home looking forward to your beloved peanut butter, and there was a dirty big finger full missing :open_mouth::sick:

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

Classy.
  • Machka9
    Options

oh boy ! You'd hear me squawking in the next isle if I ever saw someone doing that in my local grocery store.
    Imagine getting home looking forward to your beloved peanut butter, and there was a dirty big finger full missing :open_mouth::sick:

There's just so many people who do it in that particular store.

At any given moment there will be someone standing at the cherries in the produce section, eating them and tucking the stones under the boxes ... next aisle over, someone is carefully opening a box of granola bars and removing a couple ... a few aisles over, someone is helping themselves to a smear of deodorant ... one yogurt in a 6-pack might be opened and half eaten ...

Like I say, it's absolutely disgusting!

Sometimes they have police roaming through ... quite frequently, there will be calls for cameras in aisle 6 or wherever ... but it doesn't seem to help. Some people are just pigs.

• flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I buy mine freshly ground at Whole Foods Market.
  • Machka9
    Options
    I am curious about almond butter. I can't eat peanut butter, so I wonder if it would be an alternative for me. It sounds good ... :)
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    I am curious about almond butter. I can't eat peanut butter, so I wonder if it would be an alternative for me. It sounds good ... :)

Cashew butter is also delicious.
  • Machka9
    Options
    But how are they for calories?
  • Alatariel75
    Options

All about the same, 180ish for 2TBS
  • Machka9
    Options

All about the same, 180ish for 2TBS

Hmmm ... a little higher than I need.

• cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I got some that was really gritty for some reason. It was a store brand, I think, & $8 so I forced myself to use it up lol. Justin's brand is pretty amazing & they have other flavors like vanilla & chocolate.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    N200lz wrote: »
    Do you have "Cracked Nut Butter" in your area?

Ugh that brand tasted like vomit! I got the Cookie Dough flavor & I knew it wasn't going to be sweet; however, I wasn't expecting it to taste like vomit.

Now this Almond Butter is awesome & I am sad I can't find it anymore. I'll probably have to breakdown & buy it online.

051651093644.png
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

That is pretty messed up. I hope whoever stocks the peanut/nut butters noticed the jar was tampered with & pulled it off the shelf.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You should try another brand or make it yourself. I make my own in a food processor and its amazing. I prefer it over peanut butter.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I like Justin's Maple Almond Butter.

That's disgusting.
  • demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I've gotten almond butter at Costco that was quite tasty.