question for curvy women with c or d cups who are still somewhat thin despite being curvy...

Options

Replies

• tannibal_lecter
    tannibal_lecter Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    So I have almost the opposite problem. I'm 5'6" and 200lbs with not one single roll on my body and little cellulite. I'm not very fit, but I'm working on it.

Everyone, including my gym coach couldnt believe I could even be that heavy until they see me on the scale.

I guess the moral of the story is that people are going to judge and draw conclusions based on a number of factors. It doesn't matter if you are thin or large or something in between: its going to happen.

If you love your curves and think you look beautiful, then that is the only opinion you need to take into consideration because there will always be someone out there who has a negative opinion.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Wear a bra size that is right for you.

Bra size calculator:

http://www.herroom.com/bra-fitting-advice,901,30.html
  • initialsdeebee
    initialsdeebee Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    On one hand, yes please, do not obsess over whether your friend is considered a skeleton and you're not even though you're a smaller size. And please know that it is NOT the prerogative of others to make remarks about your body.

On the other hand, this is a weightloss/fitness forum, so I don't want to patronize you for thinking about these things and tell you to think about something more important because A. Maybe you do and B. Aren't we all here because we're concerned about our bodies/shape in one way or another? Besides, while we all know it is important to accept the body you have and be a dynamic person, we cannot pretend, most of us, that the desire to be considered attractive and the compulsion to compare does not exist.

That said, I think I know somewhat how you feel about being "curvey" even though it sounds to me like you're really thin. For your perspective, I'm 5'1" and I weigh 123, nearly 10 pounds more than you. I also wear a 34 D or 32 DD. I don't look fat.

Anyway I have spent my share of time wishing I had a rail straight figure, wanting that waifsh look. Big boobs and hips felt like it didn't go with my perception of myself somehow. And yes, I've experienced that some people occasionally seem surpriseed that I run a lot, because I don't have that classic "runner" look or whatever. I know it can be frustating to not feel "dainty" or whatever and like you're automatically assumed to be somehow more sexual or less genteel because you have curves. Maybe this is going further than your own concerns, but my point is that I think it is an unfortunate fact that we often have certain cultural associations with different body types (which we have little control over) and that, especially as a young woman, that can be a burden. I've come a long way as I get older to growing less affected by or less concerned with that type of thinking though, and most times, even though I might envy or admire other, more "perfect" bodies, wouldn't trade mine for another when I really think of it.

Just take care of the body you have and become friends with it (sounds corny I know). And I agree with a previous comment that, even though it's normal for women to think about and talk about a little, don't get in the habit of talking about your bodies with your friends all the time and having that as a basis for social interaction. I have a couple friends at 32 who are still constantly bringing their body up and it gets super old and annoying. It's a habit that I think women are expected to have even if in reality they are not really that concerned. It's lke the socially conditioned go-to way to relate to another woman, like sports with men or something, and so it seems women feel obligated to bring that up. You don't have to.

I guess all I can recommend at the end if the day is to just do things that make you feel good and healthy. Vague I know but I'm not sure how else to conclude.
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Sooooo, you want to talk curvy??? Let's see. I am 54, a scootch under 5', and at 120 pounds with a medium to large frame my current measurements are 36 across the breasts, 32 under the breasts, 281/2 at the waist(blame menopause because when I was your age it was 24) hips remain 34 (after 2 children who are older than you) My bra size is currently between 32 DD and 32F depending on the brand. No stretch marks, no cellulite. Oh, and I wear a petite size 0 -2 depending on the designer on the bottom and despite my larger boobs a size small on top. I blame my little Italian grandma for my genetics and proportions :)

Everyone is built different. Do yourself a favor and don't compare yourself to anyone but how you feel about yourself. Because comparing you at a size 0 and me at a size 0 is ludicrous :/ Embrace your beautiful self!!!

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have a larger chest (34C) for being so thin and have wider hips (35 inches). My measurements are 33-23-35

Although I don't want to come off as rude, you're not wearing the right bra size. 34C's are meant for women with a 37" chest and 34" underbust.

This

I'm a 34c and my across boob measurement is 38"

I miss my DD cups *sighs* but I'm adjusting
  • Sued0nim
    edited July 2015
    Options
    People think I weigh less than I do because my body shape is hourglass and also cos of decent musculature ...even when I was much bigger I carried weight more evenly
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    AGAIN - pictures please?

Yup...
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Ladies! Has it occurred to you that OP may not be a female but a guy having great fun with the description of your cup sizes? And I don't even want to go there...what else he is doing while reading all the juicy details...
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to sound rude, but do you WANT people to call you skeleton?
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    hugheseva wrote: »
    Ladies! Has it occurred to you that OP may not be a female but a guy having great fun with the description of your cup sizes? And I don't even want to go there...what else he is doing while reading all the juicy details...
    Yeah, I'm thinkin this may be the case. Hope he got his giggles. The scenario posted is just not realistic.

• initialsdeebee
    initialsdeebee Posts: 83 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Haha. Oh man I got such big breasts. They are so big and awesome and hot and my bod is so svelt and curvey I just can't even handle it cause I look like a big busty playboy bunny all the time! 36-24-36 over here!!!
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options

Haha. Oh man I got such big breasts. They are so big and awesome and hot and my bod is so svelt and curvey I just can't even handle it cause I look like a big busty playboy bunny all the time! 36-24-36 over here!!!
    LOL LOL *whistles*

• Sued0nim
    edited July 2015
    Options
    That's a sad assumption to make and makes quite a statement about your perception of people IMHO [

• hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    That's a sad assumption to make and makes quite a statement about your perception of people IMHO [

Sad or not; it is a bit weird that OP hasn't reacted to any of the posts and is not willing to post a pic when multiple people are asking...in the mean time there are great details divulged about breasts :)
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Wut? You think a bra size gets people off? LOL
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    what kind of *kitten* are you hanging around with that are so preoccupied with how other people look? find new friends.

and I agree your bra size may be off. its a common mistake MANY MANY women make.

personally, im glad im no longer in DD 's LOLOLOL
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    34C is an average size. Although American women's clothing (if not loose fitting, like everything is these days) is designed for a B cup - which is sort of ridiculous.

The measurements you give for your height of 5'9" sound unhealthy to me. And unrealistic if you've been doing strength training. Also, they don't sound like you are curvy. I'm not making a value judgment; I can't picture what you've described. A picture would help.
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I am an 8 on the bottom, but let's just say...not on the top. :)

34 C is NOT a larger chest for a woman of your height, nor does it equal curvy. You are medium sized, at best. You must have a very small frame size to be able to wear a size 2 at your height.

My thought is that you need to get to know a bigger variety of people who talk about more interesting topics. :)

This.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Sad or not; it is a bit weird that OP hasn't reacted to any of the posts and is not willing to post a pic when multiple people are asking...in the mean time there are great details divulged about breasts :)
    You must be new here. OPs disappear all the time after all kinds of questions.

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

this made me lol!!!! hahaha