Please add! Need motivation

Options
hello! I am a 33 year old working mother. I'm an assistant Director of nursing. My job is very stressful and can cause me to turn to COOKies! Lol I have a 2 month old son and am looking for motivation for weight loss.

Replies

• greatful4grace
    greatful4grace Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, need the same, 51, mom 3 boys
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    not being where you want to be should be enough motivation
  • bothaalicia100
    bothaalicia100 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 mommy of a 4 year-old it's not easy but if you keep to not eating
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    If you are on your feet all the time, you dont' need to go running around doing more exercise. You just need to be really organised with your diet. Stress is a big problem. It makes me eat too. If you are a stress eater, i suspect the main way to overcome this is to get better at handling stress, ie don't be stressed by whatever it is that causes you stress. i know that's easier said than done, but some CBT might teach you some techniques to help you not let it get to you so much. Another idea is to have a counsellor so that you can let it all out and be supported by someone effectively. I have found this to be a good solution for me. With your cookies, i'd say find something less calorie rich to eat if you can.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    not being where you want to be should be enough motivation

thanks for the flag, who ever you are.

maybe what i said is blunt, however it is true. for instance, i want to be ready for my first half iron man in september. I have been really lacking in motivation lately, but because i'm not ready for the race, i get my butt out of bed at 430am to get my workouts in, and i don't indulge in cookies when i'm stressed or bored at work.

OP, sign up for a race if you need motivation.
  • ttfnweight
    ttfnweight Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    hello! I am a 33 year old working mother. I'm an assistant Director of nursing. My job is very stressful and can cause me to turn to COOKies! Lol I have a 2 month old son and am looking for motivation for weight loss.

I remember when I was 33! :) Listen. I learned five years ago that transforming your body is SO completely possible. I am 5'8" and at the time I was 175 I had a friend who I worked with that exercised and I followed suit. I lost 40 in about 4 mo and kept it off for 5 years till I remarried and my hubby is a great cook. Long story short I've been trying since October to lose 35. Your younger then me, believe me you can lose it. Small changes. I work as a courier for FedEx talk about stress!! If you TRY everyday. Make an effort. Reduce SLOWLY how much you allow yourself like cookies. You can still have them. Try eating a few more raw veggies BEFORE THE COOKIES. :) for every cookies you have to do 5 squats or 3 sit ups. Or walk at a brisk hurry pace for 30 min. If you try each day to get your body used to the idea of change you will do it all the time. I haven't lost a lot since October but set your sight on 6 mo to a year. It took how long to get where you are? Some habits are really a challenge to break and your mind and body fight you if its unfamiliar. Sweat. Park further away. Take the stairs. You know the routine. Keep pushing yourself in that direction. I fink know if you have kids but I do, I have 6. And I can tell you when it came time to get out of bed for school some days wee hard some days were easy. What in trying to say is, we are all still that kid inside. We want to play eat have fun and we want to sleep in! Especially when it comes to PE or a test. So give yourself some live but be firm and try everyday. Perfection is NOT required. TRYING with honest to goodness effort is. So have cookies till you decide one day maybe something else sounds better. Keep waking yourself up for school. When you stress about the test drink 16 oz of water then do a cookie. Eat three mini bell peppers and some cucumber slices then a cookies. Only allow yourself one. Put them where you have to walk to get them , EVERYTIME. YOU GOT THIS. I SWEAR YOU DO!!
  • poppymom23
    poppymom23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was a pediatric nurse for 17 years before I became disabled. It is a very stressful job. Working nights was the number 1 reason I put on most of my weight. I think years of not sleeping also is what eventually lead to my disability, but that is a whole other issue
    It is so much easier to get your weight under control when you are younger. I have been struggling for years. Do it now and keep it down. You will thank yourself for it. Surround yourself with healthy choices every day. Bargain with yourself before you turn to those cookies. Think about having energy for you child. It makes a big difference.
  • bothaalicia100
    bothaalicia100 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 mommy of a 4 year-old it's not easy but if you keep to not eating the wrong things it pays off

• Refusetoquit
    Refusetoquit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. My name is Darcy and I am looking for the same thing, motivation :smiley: