Really wanting junk food but haven't gave in yet!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I don't get why pizza is "junk".

It's usually got protein, carbs and fat, and vitamins. All the things you need. And a little goes a long way.

It's a superfood!
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Please, just eat more food, it's not worth the pain of deprivation. And, that pain will make it less likely you'll stick to this target, not more successful. And then you'll be discouraged and feel bad about yourself. Much easier to set yourself up for success by giving yourself an achievable target you can live with.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    One Papa John's Pepperoni Pizza for One has 920 calories, which would be pretty difficult to fit into an 1100 calorie per day budget. However, if you are the sort of person who can stop at one piece of a very small pizza (I am not), that's only 230 calories.

a02e25f0dac955aa66a49bde902d7933.png

Yeah, there's no way I'd be able to cope with that. I don't order pizza in, can't handle it just being there. But I do have a walk-in slice now and then. That said, there is some pizza I just wouldn't do. Pizza Hut for example is a grease bomb.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

It's usually got protein, carbs and fat, and vitamins. All the things you need. And a little goes a long way.

It's a superfood!

That's the thing, it is not. In my book, it's all just food.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

It's a superfood!

Yes, exactly. That's what I meant. It's silly having special names for food. :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You're not eating healthily if you're only eating 1100 calories in total...not even close

Up your calories
    Move more
    Do some exercise

Eat the pizza ...my dinner last night was 2 slices and a salad followed by and ice cream ...around 600 calories
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

It's a superfood!

Yes, exactly. That's what I meant. It's silly having special names for food. :)

Yep, was aware of that. :D
  • fattymcrunnerpants
    fattymcrunnerpants Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    What everyone else is saying. Up your calories and eat your pizza, Shelby (bad Steele Magnolias Joke).

I had pizza tonight for dinner. I bought a pre baked one and filled up on salad first. I only ate 2 slices of the whole thing. But it got that urge out of my system.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i had pizza hut night before last.

it was good.

you have to learn how to enjoy real food (aka junk food) in moderation or else youll be miserable. people make this much harder than it is.

i also had a cupcake yesterday.

1100 probably isn't a very realistic, long term number. id be a starving *kitten* on that..... (been there, done it, trust me, i know LOL). i eat between 1400-1700 most days (sometimes more) and lose anywhere from a pound to 2 pounds a week. you dont have to starve to lose weight.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    You really shouldn't be below 1200 calories unless instructed to by a doctor. I'm not assuming to know your personal circumstances so sorry if you have been told to, but eating less than that is generally considered unhealthy, and could lead to medical problems in the long run, so you're not really doing yourself any favours.

It may only seem like a measly 100 calories less a day, but those do add up over the course of a week or month or however long to an unhealthy deficit. Personally if I were you I'd up calories to 1200, it'll give you more room to get in nutrients and hit all your macros too (which = 'healthier').

As for 'junk' food, live a little! I've lost 21lbs in the 54 days I've been using MFP, and in that time I've had takeaway/a meal out at least once a week. Granted, I do eat lower calorie foods the rest of the day in preparation and make sure I still stick to maintenance calories, but if you restrict too much it can often lead to bingeing.

If you really want that slice of pizza (or two, or three) then go for it! Just make sure you make good choices the rest of the week. Eating a few slices of pizza isn't going to make you instantly gain weight, and in the long run it probably wont slow your weight loss much if at all :)
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I think you and your hubby should have a serious discussion. You should be on the same page. One person on a diet is harder than the whole family making a fun a healthy lifestyle change. You make it sound like veggies are a punishment! Whip up a great healthy meal together then go out for a bike ride or a hike or have fun conversation side by side on the treadmill.
  • Supersallysunshine
    Supersallysunshine Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Tortilla shell pizza! It doesn't suck, I promise. If you use a whole wheat tortilla shell and keep the toppings healthy you have a 300 calorie meal.

I am having trouble with cravings too, sometimes I just need to leave the room when others are eating junk. I am already dreading Christmas!
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

I agree with this^^.
    OP, just have a few slices of Pizza and do some exercise so you can up your calories!
    1100 is far too low in the first place, ....1200 is the bare minimum.
  • YamiElisa
    YamiElisa Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I say... have the pizza! Just pick the right portion size to fit your meal plan for the day!
    I'm eating 1200 (ish) a day and I've just finished half of a vegetable supreme pizza. It was an Asda (Walmart) fresh one from their pizza counter but it's less than 500 cals for half a pizza. I'm happy to work that into my allowance. In fact, I'm not eating healthy at all today - but it will stay within my calories (there abouts) so that's all that matters to me :) As long as I come in under maintenance at the end of the day, I'm not worried about eating a little bit over my allotted calories, especially not at a weekend!