Extreme Weight Loss

Options
Cyrano86
Cyrano86 Posts: 13 Member
edited July 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi , I'll keep this short , I'm 47 and from the U.K. , weighed around 125 kgs ( 275 lbs ) just over a month ago . My goal is to lose 100 lbs by next Father's Day . I'm 5 ft 10 " and trying not to weigh myself each day , rather I'm waiting patiently for my man boobs to disappear ! Would love to know if others out there have lost 100 lbs + and what hacks they can give me .

Replies

• Nerd_on_the_fireline
    Options
    I have not lost 100 but I did lose 40 and keep it off (still off) for 4 years. I ate very clean. Followed the "eat to live, dont live to eat rule" the firat month was hard. Every food I put in my body I asked will this nourish me? Am I really hungry? Will drinking a large glass of ice water help? Stuff like that really helped. I found joy in food preperation. Getting things prepper for my next day and knowing what I would be eating took a lot of the stress out of dieting. I litterally prepared my food "with love" knowing that this is fuel to help my body not slug to slow it down. I can tell you that a life change like this is mostly mental. Once you get your yead in the right place and find what makes your drive hard for what you want it helps a lot. That took about 5 weeks for me to really fall in love with the process. All the best! Hope this helps! Biking is low impact on your knees helped me drop my first 30 so my knees didnt hurt as much and other than that water, water, water!!!!
  • brittanyarkward
    brittanyarkward Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to lose a bit over 100 lbs. feel free to add me!
  • Cyrano86
    Options
    I have not lost 100 but I did lose 40 and keep it off (still off) for 4 years. I ate very clean. Followed the "eat to live, dont live to eat rule" the firat month was hard. Every food I put in my body I asked will this nourish me? Am I really hungry? Will drinking a large glass of ice water help? Stuff like that really helped. I found joy in food preperation. Getting things prepper for my next day and knowing what I would be eating took a lot of the stress out of dieting. I litterally prepared my food "with love" knowing that this is fuel to help my body not slug to slow it down. I can tell you that a life change like this is mostly mental. Once you get your yead in the right place and find what makes your drive hard for what you want it helps a lot. That took about 5 weeks for me to really fall in love with the process. All the best! Hope this helps! Biking is low impact on your knees helped me drop my first 30 so my knees didnt hurt as much and other than that water, water, water!!!!

Thank you for your words of advice and I've hit that 5 week mark but I am eating a whole lot healthier and appreciate your reply
  • Cyrano86
    Options
    I'm also trying to lose a bit over 100 lbs. feel free to add me!

Please let me know what you're doing that works and when did you start to notice a change ? Added you
  • derek9964
    derek9964 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Feel free to,add me
  • Cyrano86
    Options
    Feel free to,add me

Done
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I'm not one of your choice friends either but i totally second what nerd has said and applaud you for eating a "whole lot healthier". I see so many diaries on this website where people are still not eating their vegetables, and still eating a lot of processed food. If you want to be slim and healthy in the long term, you need to discover the love of fruit and vegetables and other whole foods and this is best achieved by leaving hyperflavoured foods out of your diet. Making time for cooking is key.

As nerd said, enjoy the process of weightloss. Enjoy your food. Don't kill yourself with exercise because its diet that does it most. And finally, the goal date can be the reason why you fail. Hold your goal loosely but hold firmly to losing weight day after day. And when you reach your goal, know in advance that you can't just stop becuase it will come back quickly if you quit paying attention then.

I make rules for myself. Doable rules. Rules for the longterm. The main one that's worked for me since day 1 is don't buy or prepare the foods that I overeat on and wreck my best intentions - in my case it's sweets of all kinds. I only eat them when other people offer them to me, except when i go away travelling, and at Christmas i make a fancy dessert and eat one serve and get all the temptation of the rest of it away from me by giving it away. I've spelled it out so that you can see that i'm not deprived. A way of reducing the frequency of eating my danger foods without having me hanging out for the treat day, has really worked for me. I replace all this sweet junk with fruit - my sweet tooth is totally satisfied by fruit now. Dried fruit i have to keep very restricted and when i get an emotional crisis or stress i will binge on them so then i ban them from the house. Being terrified of breaking my rules, keeps me on plan. This worked for me quitting cigarettes too over 18 years ago now. I haven't had a cigarette since.
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Welcome I am also 47 and I have lost 185 lbs. You need to think about "why" you want to lose the weight. I call it why power. It will carry you through the tough days. And there will be tough days for sure. All of the other tips about drinking water and things are all great things. But you need to get your mind right. Feel free to add me for support.
  • Cyrano86
    Options
    Patttience wrote: »
    I'm not one of your choice friends either but i totally second what nerd has said and applaud you for eating a "whole lot healthier". I see so many diaries on this website where people are still not eating their vegetables, and still eating a lot of processed food. If you want to be slim and healthy in the long term, you need to discover the love of fruit and vegetables and other whole foods and this is best achieved by leaving hyperflavoured foods out of your diet. Making time for cooking is key.

As nerd said, enjoy the process of weightloss. Enjoy your food. Don't kill yourself with exercise because its diet that does it most. And finally, the goal date can be the reason why you fail. Hold your goal loosely but hold firmly to losing weight day after day. And when you reach your goal, know in advance that you can't just stop becuase it will come back quickly if you quit paying attention then.

I make rules for myself. Doable rules. Rules for the longterm. The main one that's worked for me since day 1 is don't buy or prepare the foods that I overeat on and wreck my best intentions - in my case it's sweets of all kinds. I only eat them when other people offer them to me, except when i go away travelling, and at Christmas i make a fancy dessert and eat one serve and get all the temptation of the rest of it away from me by giving it away. I've spelled it out so that you can see that i'm not deprived. A way of reducing the frequency of eating my danger foods without having me hanging out for the treat day, has really worked for me. I replace all this sweet junk with fruit - my sweet tooth is totally satisfied by fruit now. Dried fruit i have to keep very restricted and when i get an emotional crisis or stress i will binge on them so then i ban them from the house. Being terrified of breaking my rules, keeps me on plan. This worked for me quitting cigarettes too over 18 years ago now. I haven't had a cigarette since.

Thank you for your in depth and useful reply . I do enjoy preparing my own food , it's the only way I can be certain that I don't buy one of those " meal deal " sandwiches whilst at work . It's early days for me yet ( started 17/06/15) but have lost much more than I thought I would .
    I have my own " danger foods " that I am always going to binge on when I get stressed but mostly , I have enough self control to eat healthily . I had to quit smoking too last year , congrats on staying smoke free . Again , thank you for your advice
  • Cyrano86
    Options
    Btbeam wrote: »
    Welcome I am also 47 and I have lost 185 lbs. You need to think about "why" you want to lose the weight. I call it why power. It will carry you through the tough days. And there will be tough days for sure. All of the other tips about drinking water and things are all great things. But you need to get your mind right. Feel free to add me for support.
    That's an impressive amount of weight loss . I have my " why " reason and it's real simple ... I don't want to have a stroke or a heart attack . The tough days are a drain on my will power , especially if I don't see any weight loss . I will add you and thanks for the reply .