vacation

Options
So I'm going on vacation so I won't have wifi I'm going camping so I can't use this app so how can I keep track

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Good old fashioned pen and paper!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Do they still have those little calorie counting books? My mum always had one handy when I was a kid.
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    From what I understand, the app has a large offline database. So even without an internet connection, you may be able to pull up most of the foods you eat and log them. Well...for as long as your phone stays charged, that is 8)

Otherwise, write it down. Guesstimate the portions and you can enter them in your diary when you get home (if you want). Just try to be reasonable and stay active!
  • sterlingchurchill983
    sterlingchurchill983 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @pteryndactyl does the barcode scanner work with out wifi
  • pteryndactyl
    Options
    @pteryndactyl does the barcode scanner work with out wifi
    I don't think so. I just turned "airplane mode" on my phone to test it out. The barcode scanner kept telling me that it couldn't connect with MFP. Also, note that the offline database doesn't have EVERYTHING. For example, I can normally search for my grocery store brand peanut butter (Food Club) and log it, but I could not locate it with the offline database. I could, however, locate other peanut butter (Jif, Skippy, etc.) offline so if you're intent on logging whilst camping, you'll probably just have to choose something close and consider your log as a general estimate.
  • sterlingchurchill983
    sterlingchurchill983 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It won't let me search for foods it only lets me search for recent foods is there anyway to fix that? @pteryndactyl
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Who cares? It's good for the soul to take a break. Don't log. Just eat and be active in the Forrest.

This.

I'm just about to start my holiday and I will pig out and binge but I will be very active then get straight back to logging the day I land back. Life is for living, 2 weeks off in the Summer and a few days at Christmas really won't harm in the scheme of things.

Enjoy your holiday :)
  • pteryndactyl
    Options
    It won't let me search for foods it only lets me search for recent foods is there anyway to fix that? @pteryndactyl
    Sorry, I'm not sure. I've never actually used this function, I've just seen others post about it. When I try it (using airplane mode) I can search for things that are not just my recent foods (e.g. I searched for "chicken" which I've never searched for before, as I'm vegetarian/vegan.) I found a lot of entries that definitely weren't in my recent list, so I'm not sure why you couldn't.