What are some ways to shed pounds in a speedy matter?

Options
In about 6 months my boyfriend and I will have our anniversary and I want to get to my goal weight before that, what are some eating and exercise regimens I could follow to lose about 45 lbs in that time frame ?

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Consistent logging, consistent exercise, consistent progress tracking. Adjust your deficit based on your results.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Fill out your MFP stuff, select the weightloss needed [maybe 2lbs/mo]. Log consistently and accurately. Get a digital scale. That part trips up a LOT of people in their weightloss! If you eat back your calories from exercise, only eat roughly half. Most, if not all, of the exercises listed overestimate the calories lost.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    That's unrealistic.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    That's unrealistic.

I lost 42 pounds in that timeframe. It's doable, for sure
  • jenmarie72011
    jenmarie72011 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That's unrealistic.

How? That's less than 10 lbs a month..
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    That's unrealistic.

Yep, 45 lbs is a lot of weight to lose in just 6 months, and it comes off more slowly as you get to your goal weight.

You want to shoot for about a lb/week when you only have about 45 lbs or so to lose, which can mean you can lose about 25 lbs in that time. That is a great loss, and you will certainly feel better after losing 25 lbs.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Op you lost 20 pounds according to your ticker. This took how long?
  • jenmarie72011
    jenmarie72011 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Honestly only 2 months, but I was very sick.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    At your weight, a pound a week is the most you should lose. You'll realistically lose about 24 pounds.
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Follow PixelPuff's advice along with the following: Watch your sugar intake (this includes natural as well as added)--keep between 45 & 60 gm a day. Eat as close to "natural" as you can (hey, I still eat "Cheerios"); I keep plain frozen veggies (no butter sauce, etc.) in my freezer and nuke them for dinner (crisp/tender--I can't stand mushy veggies). Watch your starchy carb (potatoes, etc.) intake and make sure you are eating enough protein (will feel more satisified if you do). Good luck! B)
  • Jacqui_Runs
    Jacqui_Runs Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that if you watch you're calories and exercise, you can healthily lose 2 pounds a week. That's makes 8-10 pounds a month. Very doable.

However, please do this for you too, and not just for your bad.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    45 pounds in six months is a lot! I'm not sure that you can do it, but enter your info into the mfp and see how it goes.

Good luck! :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that if you watch you're calories and exercise, you can healthily lose 2 pounds a week. That's makes 8-10 pounds a month. Very doable.

However, please do this for you too, and not just for your bad.

That is a generalization. I'm 5'4" and 132 lbs. For example, my TDEE is only about 1800 calories, so if I were to create a deficit large enough to lose two pounds per week, I'd be eating at an unhealthy calorie goal, struggling to get my macronutrients, and losing a crap ton of lean body mass.

If you have a large amount of weight to lose, yes-it is fine.

• salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    That's unrealistic.

From February to August of last year I lost 62 pounds. Then I got pregnant. So here I am to try and relose the 30 I gained and the rest of what I originally planned to lose. Totally doable.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    That's unrealistic.

From February to August of last year I lost 62 pounds. Then I got pregnant. So here I am to try and relose the 30 I gained and the rest of what I originally planned to lose. Totally doable.

Did you even read the OP and the OP reply? Probably not.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I lost 40# in 6 months...but I still have alot to lose.

Its totally dependent upon your starting size......As you get smaller your BMR decreases and your TDEE decreases...which will make it harder and harder to have a 1000 calorie deficit each day. If your tdee is 1500-2000 calories (which it probably is for someone who only needs to lose 45#), then you would have to consistently eat 500-1000 calories each day, or vigorously exercise to make your deficit bigger (and not eat back those calories). Eating so few calories is not healthy - its hard to meet all your nutrient requirements, plus I imagine you would be HUNGRY.

In compairison, my tdee is 2600 calories at 5'6" and 192#. I can have a defecit of 1000 calories a day and still eat 1600 calories. Which is healthy and doable. I expect the next 40# will take me longer than the first, because I am smaller and my tdee has decreased.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    I lost 40# in 6 months...but I still have alot to lose.

Its totally dependent upon your starting size......As you get smaller your BMR decreases and your TDEE decreases...which will make it harder and harder to have a 1000 calorie deficit each day. If your tdee is 1500-2000 calories (which it probably is for someone who only needs to lose 45#), then you would have to consistently eat 500-1000 calories each day, or vigorously exercise to make your deficit bigger (and not eat back those calories). Eating so few calories is not healthy - its hard to meet all your nutrient requirements, plus I imagine you would be HUNGRY.

In compairison, my tdee is 2600 calories at 5'6" and 192#. I can have a defecit of 1000 calories a day and still eat 1600 calories. Which is healthy and doable. I expect the next 40# will take me longer than the first, because I am smaller and my tdee has decreased.

Truth.
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I had almost 90 to lose, and I've lost 54# since March. I log everything, I WEIGH everything to the gram (every single thing), I follow MFP calories and I exercise. But again... I started with 90 to lose.

Good luck!!!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    The more you have to lose, the easier/quicker you can safely do it. So all the "I did it!" anecdotes aren't applicable. I lost 20 pounds my first month - I was really fat and that's not a realistic goal for the average person. It's nothing I'd encourage or recommend.

If you only have 45 pounds to lose, it will be very, very difficult to do in a six month time frame. Your goal should be to lose 1lb a week. You don't need to cut out sugar, or carbs or anything like that (assuming you don't have a medical condition/issue).

Weigh your food, eat sensibly and get active.

Good luck.