30 lbs in 3 months

Options
hi everyone!
My names Nichia and I'm a food addict! Haha but really maybe I am at this point. I always start out really good and dropping about 5-10 lbs then having a couple bad days at work or with the kids and end up eating bad and gaining it back. But today I hold myself accountable and my goal is to lose 30lbs in 3 months. I've never actually blogged or wrote this down before but figured I'll give it a try. So here goes nothing.. I'm 203

Replies

• redperphexion
    redperphexion Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    That's a very ambitious goal. Good luck!
  • omnipotentmiku
    omnipotentmiku Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It's definitely possible, I mean so far I've lost 20lbs in the past two. So that's a good, attainable goal!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Very ambitious goal. You may find that a more realistic goal (1lb/wk) may prove to be more successful in the long run.
  • Altrez74
    Altrez74 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 since March 1, so not quite 3 months but close enough for me. (I started losing before I started here. Since i've been here in April, I've lost 19. ) :) 10 lbs a month is certainly doable.
  • nichiabono
    nichiabono Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I know it is ambitious but I am determined! Plus I'm starting off pretty heavy and think it's definitely doable I've done it before after my first born.
  • SavannahStClair
    SavannahStClair Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm rooting for you!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I lost 78lb in 7 months....so yes it is totally doable.
  • Shantelitaa
    Shantelitaa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 30 also! I weight 170 so don't feel so bad... Motivation and keeping control of your body is the key. I'm still struggling with starting in control and not giving in peer pressure and cravings lol it gets better just focus
  • widgeondad
    widgeondad Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    FWIW, I have yoyo'd forever, always wanting to lose it fast. Of course, I then gained it fast. Early this year, I had news about diabetes and HBP which I didn't like and decided I'd take a different tack. I targeted 1+1/2 (1.5) pounds per week with a goal of 55 pounds. I knew I had to change my eating and exercise habits to make this work. MyFitnessPal has been a tremendous help. THANKS TO THIS WEBSITE. I'm down 22 pounds now, another 32 to go and I'm hitting my targets - except when I go out to eat with friends. My encouragement is to make this a life-style change for you. If you want to be healthy more than you want to eat and live like you always have, you will do it. 30 pounds in 13 weeks is not a life-style change, it's a crash diet. I've done those but they don't last. My hope for you is that you will lose 13-20 pounds in 3 months, be encouraged, and continue the life change so you will get healthier. I will continue my 1.5 pounds per week, 1540 calories/day (I'm a man), and exercising 4 days/week (300-700 calories each day depending on what exercise I do - line dancing, walks, gym, etc). I will lose my 32 pounds but it will take me 20 weeks but I won't put it back on. Best to everyone.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Just my opinion but I don't think its possible 30 lbs in 3 months in a healthy way. Even at 2 lbs a week thats only 24 lbs in 3 months. You would have to be super strict with your intake and thats not even accounting for water weight fluctuations that are bound to happen.

And let's just say that you were able to actually lose that much in 3 months, however you did it, it would have to be done in a sustainable way because if not you will definitely gain the weight back.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I have a similar goal. I know it's ambitious but I really want this!
  • Raevynne
    Raevynne Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm trying for 20lbs.
  • ErinAConnally
    ErinAConnally Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm trying to lose around 30 in 18ish weeks.
  • sherbet20
    sherbet20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I know it's a lot to do in a short period but you have to stay positive and see it as a life style change. It's a step in the right direction and I don't know about you but I need to be encouraged and held accountable. With an occasional kick in the butt to stay on track. My goal is to post daily and have like minded people who also post. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • tatianav512
    tatianav512 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in