Hello and here is my story

Options
My wife’s mother passed away this April. She was very young, only 61 years old and this was totally unexpected. The autopsy report identified that the cause of death was a pulmonary embolism. Often caused by clotting of the blood I learned that this could have been prevented had she been more active.

After burying a loved one and going through the grieving process I started to think about my own immortality. I am only 47 years old and in 14 years I will be the same age as my wife’s mom when she passed. My wife and I have three beautiful children; Two 20 year old girls (Yes twins) and an 8 year old boy.

I started to calculate in my mind how old my kids will be in 14 years. In other words, I tried to figure out how old they would be if I passed away at the same age as my wife’s mom. I realized that my girls would only be 34 and my son would only be 22. I then realized how much I want to live a longer and healthier life so I can be around to see my children and even my grandchildren grow up.

I started trying to lose weight about nine weeks ago and really struggled a lot at first. It was very frustrating to try so hard and not see the results I had expected. I wouldn’t give up because my reason for being healthy was too important. So I continued and with the help of some supplements I have now lost 24 pounds. I have 52 more pounds to go and I am now very excited and inspired to see my goal come to fruition.

I wanted to join a forum for support and to offer encouragement to those who are struggling. Thanks for allowing me to share my story.

Replies

• Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss and good luck in your journey. X
  • maggiemay530
    maggiemay530 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I do know where you were in those thoughts... been there too. Best to you and what a beautiful family! Best reason in the world to get healthy and strong!
  • Dmagnet1
    Dmagnet1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Kabijots wrote: »
    Sorry for your loss and good luck in your journey. X

Thanks for your condolences and your wishes.
  • Dmagnet1
    Dmagnet1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I do know where you were in those thoughts... been there too. Best to you and what a beautiful family! Best reason in the world to get healthy and strong!

I appreciate your empathy and thanks for saying such a nice thing about my family. They are my inspiration. They are also losing weight so we are doing it together. One of my daughters has already lost more than 40 pounds. I am so proud of her.