Exercise clothes?

Options
2»

Replies

• Pittleydink
    Pittleydink Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every department store has some brand of exercise clothes. I bought some Galadin exercise shirts at shopko for 5 bucks apiece. That's pretty cheap I think.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I tend to wear my strike shorts and in considering a rash guard
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    you dont have to have special clothes, and if you think you do, you are looking for an excuse to fail (been there done that)

It is true that they are not necessary. I do find it psychologically useful to have special clothes for working out. I put them on in the morning first thing, and then I feel like my workout/jog is inevitable and already in progress.

Some things--like running--are more comfortable in a fabric that wicks rather than cotton, which will get soggy. Yoga is a little easier in tight clothing, so that during inversions your shirt doesn't fall over your face and so your pants don't pool around your knees when you put your legs up.

I agree on cotton not being comfortable. I sweat a lot when I do cardio, and cotton absorbs moisture and stays wet. The downside of that is that it feels awful but also cools you down. That is not something you want while exercising.