Brand new here....

Options
So, I know I am limited to 1200 calories a day so I am a little afraid to eat breakfast! Any hints from those of you who have been using this program?

Replies

• mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising? If you don't feel like you can stay with 1200 that will give you additional calories. Good luck!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, oatmeal, oatmeal! It is low in calorie quick, easy, and can be prepared sooo many different ways that you have a lot of great choices. Oh, and its great for energy. I usually just get active lifestyle and vary between a few flavors. 1 packet with 1/4 cup of soy milk is under 200 calories and if I'm going to bike a lot, I'll do 2 packets. You can also do quaker oats and add your own fruit or make it to your style.

Of course, that's not the only thing, but its my favorite.
  • raychybabe
    raychybabe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    yes! EAT BREAKFAST!

will hep maintain blood sugar and help cut out those pesky snack cravings mid morning! Don't skimp on breakky!
  • bstiver
    bstiver Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I will have either greek yogurt or a fiber one bar and also with fruit. It is only like 200 cals (140 if vanilla greek yogurt and a 30 cal bag of apples or 20 grapes)
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Try Larabar's for Bfast so yummy!
  • charlottebronte
    Options
    Welcome! It is important to eat at each meal. I know 1200 calories seems limiting, but once you start tracking your foods, you'll see that 1200 is plenty for a day. I keep breakfast to around 300 calories...usually I eat a Greek yogurt and maybe some oatmeal or the yogurt and fruit. All the best to you!!
  • Nessiep
    Nessiep Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    hi wecome to MFP.....istill have my toast or cereal for my breakie always try to keep it under 250cals or a medium banana will keep you going till lunch time.....good luck :flowerforyou:
  • mykismitty
    mykismitty Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love my Shredded Wheat Biscuits with a tbsp sugar and skim milk. Straight forward you get what you see and it keeps me full.:happy:
  • shenson2522
    shenson2522 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Try 1/4 c. egg beaters, 1/8 c. fat free shredded cheese, salsa, 1 slice turkey bacon with a bagel thin. :smile: It's high in protein but low in fat and calories.
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I agree with charlottebronte. Even though it doesn't seem like a lot of calories once you make better choices you will feel like you are eating all the time! Honest! Yogurt and fruit are great for breakfast! Skinny bread (45 calories or less) with peanut butter and a banana is another great choice! I also love honey nut cheerios!

BTW....WELCOME!!!!!
  • luckywoman
    luckywoman Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for such a quick response! I plan to try a new suggestion each morning, i have all of these foods in my pantry already.
  • jjclem07
    jjclem07 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I enjoy, 1 egg + 2/3 cup egg whites and 2 morning star hot & spicy veggie patties. All comes to 310 cals. Adjust to fit in your diet.
  • mbennett2218
    Options
    Jimmy Dean De-lite breakfast sandwiches are a quick and easy breakfast at either 210 or 250 each.

Eggo waffels 100 cal each, just no syrup and watch the peanut butter - not a good option.

Special K cereal of 140 cals for each 2/3 cup dry cereal and 1/2 vup 1% milk. double that is a normal bowl (280)

add these to a 500 cal lunch and dinner and your good! Add exercise and your even better!
  • oyvonnee
    oyvonnee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I agree - oatmeal or an egg with some salsa. Protein bar or a banana. I got up late so heading off for some of that yummy banana walnut oatmeal and coffee! Eat breakfast - its good for you! Yvonne :smile:
  • kitty38katt
    Options
    I'm a newbee and i've already lost 21.5pds and 15.5 inches wth my trainer, and a friend told me about this site. I hope it helps me on my weight lost journey!!
  • ibike
    ibike Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site, hope you find great success. This is what has worked very well for me. I eat within two hours after waking up. For breakfast it is important to have one serving of each category, starch, milk, fruit and a protein. Example today I had one cup of Kashi Cinnamon Harvest Cereal, one cup of skim milk, 12 grapes and 2 scrambled egg whites. Under 400 cals and very filling. You can really mix it up so you never get tired of the same stuff. I also like low fat string cheese for my protein. Then eat every 4 hours during the day. Some of those meals will be just a snack. I have found if I go over 4 hrs I lose control and start craving bad stuff. If I stay some what full I have much better control. Just some ideas that have worked for me. Best of luck!
  • kitty38katt
    Options
    Thanks, I eat three meals a day and two snacks that breakfast sounds great i'll try it this wk.