Friends?

Options
ive been using MyFitnessPal for a while, but pretty much going it along and never sought out friends on here. I've given up and sorted over agin more times than I can count. Now I'm in the "on again" part of my health kick and pursuit of losing weight. Hit a bit of a rough patch this last week though and decided to see about introducing myself and possibly getting and giving some support and encouragement to keeP us all going strong.

About me: total comic nerd. Mostly love Marvel, but also a fan of several Dark Horse comics. joss Whedon is my god, and Doctor Who is my passion. Geek through and through and proud of it. I'm a picky eater, but trying to get over it and am currently working on losing weight to cosplay Illyria at SLC ComicCon in September. :)

Replies

• Raevynne
    Raevynne Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. My first time on here I lost 20lbs but did it alone. I obviously gained it back
  • psucato
    psucato Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome back to MFP. I know your struggle I to would say im a Nerd. I even used to be the driver on a battle bot team. Committing to lose wight is a hard thing to do especially scene the nerd live stile lends its self to a lot of unhealthy grazing. I have been at it this time for 5 relay long mounts and im down 141 with 110 still to go. I would love to add you as a friend and we can get you ready for CC. Ps one of my other friends is trying to make her goal for CC in her town in 2 weeks
  • fitnesspal1256
    fitnesspal1256 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Would love to friend you guys too! Also a huge dork and Joss Whedon fan (Dr Horribles sing along blog is on my ipod). Unfortunately I don't burn as many calories playing video games as my characters do :P im 15 down and 30-40 ish to go.
  • constancesimmons
    constancesimmons Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I spend way too much time sitting around watching TV or reading and not near enough time doing anything active. That, and the fact that I live right across the street from a gas station and have easy access to crap foods 24/7 makes it really hard to lose weight. I'm hoping the goal of getting ready for ComicCon will help me stay more motivated. Especially since the cosplay I've chosen could be so unflattering if I don't.

I've only lost 10 so far and would like to lose 20 more pounds by September. I would like to lose more then that eventually, but that would put me back at the weight I was when I cosplayed the Borg Queen from Star Trek and I felt pretty comfortable then, so I think I'd be alright for Illyria.
  • constancesimmons
    Options
    Wilowysp wrote: »
    Would love to friend you guys too! Also a huge dork and Joss Whedon fan (Dr Horribles sing along blog is on my ipod). Unfortunately I don't burn as many calories playing video games as my characters do :P im 15 down and 30-40 ish to go.

I listen to the Dr Horrible soundtrack at work all the time! Hahaha. I love it. I've been trying to get my roommates to watch it for eons now!
  • arush18
    arush18 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi there welcome back ! I totally know where you're coming from I have tried and quit several times. But through all my failed attempts I have learned from them and now I know it's a life style change one day at a time. This definitely can be a rough road but many people have traveled it and made it so I know we can too ! Feel free to add me as a friend and anyone else out there looking for motivation. By the way Marvel is my favorite because I'm obsessed with X-Men and I love me some Dr. Who ! Good luck on your journey !
  • rodneytracy
    rodneytracy Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. :) I'm a good cheerleader on MFP and I'm also geeky. Off to see Antman tonight actually.
  • constancesimmons
    Options
    arush18 wrote: »
    Hi there welcome back ! I totally know where you're coming from I have tried and quit several times. But through all my failed attempts I have learned from them and now I know it's a life style change one day at a time. This definitely can be a rough road but many people have traveled it and made it so I know we can too ! Feel free to add me as a friend and anyone else out there looking for motivation. By the way Marvel is my favorite because I'm obsessed with X-Men and I love me some Dr. Who ! Good luck on your journey !

I keep telling myself to take it one day at a time. I have a bad habit of having an off day that then turns into an off week. Remembering to go one day at a time and just keep moving forward is a struggle but a must.

By the way, I love X-Men! They were my introduction into comics when I was a kid and still hold a special place in my heart. They are the stories I always find myself returning to, no matter how widely I explore the Marvel universe.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

I keep telling myself to take it one day at a time. I have a bad habit of having an off day that then turns into an off week. Remembering to go one day at a time and just keep moving forward is a struggle but a must.

By the way, I love X-Men! They were my introduction into comics when I was a kid and still hold a special place in my heart. They are the stories I always find myself returning to, no matter how widely I explore the Marvel universe.

THIS. This is my struggle too. Consistency is what I need. I'm doing okay this time, but it's an uphill battle.
  • constancesimmons
    Options

THIS. This is my struggle too. Consistency is what I need. I'm doing okay this time, but it's an uphill battle.

It really is! I miss the gym on Monday and then think, oh well, I'll just start again next week. I need to stop thinking in week long blocks because one week turns into a month and then a year and I've put things off so long that when I jumped back into MFP last month I was the heaviest I have been in years. One day at a time has to be my thought process or it doesn't work at all for me.
  • constancesimmons
    Options
    You can add me too. :) I'm a good cheerleader on MFP and I'm also geeky. Off to see Antman tonight actually.

Jealous! I have to wait til tomorrow!