Healthy dessert!

Options
Hey! I have the WORST sweet tooth! So does anyone know any good 100 calorie dessert ??

Replies

• flrancho
    flrancho Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I do fresh fruit, popsicles, smoothies, etc. There are also several companies now that sell low calorie desserts - Skinny Cow and Weight Watchers come to mind. You should be able to find them in your local grocery store. Or, if you're good at discipline, eat whatever deserts you like and just keep the portion size that you're eating down to around 100 calories.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you can make anything 100 calories in the right portion size....
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    If you have the worst sweet tooth then my advice is not to feed it but to quit eating sweets. Just eat fruit instead. Its what i do and its wonderful. I only eat sweets if and when someone out side my home offers them to me.

If you are craving, then you are probably starving or have a stress or mood issue going on, or perhaps are rundown. I never get cravings now. When i am stressed, i do want to keep eating but its no longer sweets. I cna be satisfied wiht a bowl of yoghurt and fruit or peanut butter.

My sweet addiction was as bad as anyone ever had and now i am free of it.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I've found since cutting my calories I don't snack on sweet stuff as much, simply because I'd rather have something else than work it into my calories, but I do have the occasional dessert. My personal favourite is shop bought meringue nests (the ones I buy are 50cals each), a few tablespoons of fat free vanilla yogurt and I microwave some frozen fruit mix I have in the freezer; strawberries, cranberries, raspberries etc. Microwaving it makes it softer and it releases some of the juices which are really nice mixed in with everything. Usually comes in at under 100 cals :)

Other than that, 'snack packs' like individually packaged oreos (2 in a pack is 105 cals), kitkats, or sugar free jells pots (the ones I get are only 5 cals!).
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I have this really good chocolate milk mix (I think it's called "vitamin du chocolate drinking cocoa" but I'm sure there are similar brands) that is very low cal and better than any other milk mix I've ever had. 1 cup of skim milk (warm in microwave/stove if desired - I prefer it hot) + 20g of mix = delicious and generous chocolate treat with some nutritional benefits. It's about 102 calories and for me, super satisfying (dairy, milk especially, fills me up very quickly). I'm the sort of person who would normally rather a small portion of a full-calorie item over a "diet" item (eg. ice cream over diet icecream) and I looove my hot chocolates.
  • PinkDeerBoy
    PinkDeerBoy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Be sure to always check the labels, but a lot of popsicles are under 100 calories.
    But I usually find myself grabbing for fruit if I want a low cal sweet treat.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Those outshine bars are really good and 80-90 calories each. My favorites are pineapple and lime. The strawberry is good too.
  • ElisaJtsu
    ElisaJtsu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Banana ice cream made from frozen bananas! 89 kcal per 100g! Even with a few(!) dark choc chips or chopped nuts it's around 115 kcal for an ample bowl.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I made homemade sorbet Bites for 6 calories each! I used a regular sorbet recipe and a mini ice cube tray. Fun!!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Cheese. Nuts with coconut.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    A piece or too of dried fruit.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    one serving bryers oreo ice cream is about 125 calories…I think the vanilla flavor or chocolate comes in around 100 ..

healthy does not equal an individual food choice. healthy = an overall diet that hits micros/macros/calorie targets
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Anything you want, measured/weighed to fit into your calorie needs. 85 grams of many chocolate/vanilla frozen yogurts, X amount of grams of your favorite ice cream, a square or two of dark chocolate, glenny's 100 calorie brownies..
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    15 grams of Ghiradelli semi sweet chocolate chips are 70 calories and I am entirely over wanting chocolate by the time I have let each one dissolve individually in my mouth.

However, I've found that as I've reduced overall carbs, especially those from flour in bread and baked goods, I want less sweets, and my sweet tooth is often satisfied by fruit such as 2 ounces of raspberries - for 29 calories.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    A Ghirardelli 72% dark chocolate square is 70 calories. Edy's/Dreyer's makes a line of ice cream that ranges about 100-130 calories per serving. I prefer Fruttare bars to Outshine, and they're about the same calorie-wise.
  • icedcupcake1981
    icedcupcake1981 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers do a great range of yogurts & deserts & taste good too. ☺
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Fiber One does a 90 calorie chocolate brownie, chocolate chip cookie, lemon cake, and mint chocolate brownie. They are all great. Not huge, but helps my sweet tooth and has fiber.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    If I want something sweet whether it be real ice cream, cookies, cake, etc. I make it fit into my day, because why??....it's a lifestyle and I'm not going to deprive myself if I want something sweet to eat. Lost 121 pounds and now been maintaining for 10 months now and in excellent health!!! ;)