1100 cal 20carb diet need help any ideas???

Options
13»

Replies

• trplt27
    trplt27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you done stir fry? This makes 6 servings at 218 calories and 4.8 carbs. 2lbs chopped chicken, 2 green peppers sliced, 1 large onion sliced, 1 cup sliced mushrooms, 1 cup snow peas, 1 cup of brocolli florets, chicken seasoning, seadoning salt, 2 tablespoons of spicy schezuan sauce.

In large skillet or wok sprinkle with chicken seasoning and ook chopped chicken until no longer pink. Toss in vegetables, sprinkle with seasoning salt. Add schezuan sauce to 3/4 cup water, stir, then drizzle over chicken and veggies. If you like it really spicy you can add more sauce. Cook over medium heat for 15 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    He didn't say what amount of fats he ate…so I asked. People who are on strict 20 carbs are typically doing LC….which means higher fats allowed, and there is still no info given on the limit/type on fats.

and I believe I answered the question asked.."something new ..I'm burning out" no ideas were given on WHAT he wanted...

[Edited by MFP Staff]
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum rudely sez: It's irresponsible to give him bog-standard advice since he's under direct medical supervision.

What is wrong with you??? he didn't say what amount of fats he ate…so I asked. People who are on strict 20 carbs are typically doing LC….which means higher fats allowed, and there is still no info given on the limit/type on fats.

and I believe I answered the question asked.."something new ..I'm burning out" no ideas were given on WHAT he wanted...

You came in with KETO advice. He's obviously watching fats too, as his allowed foods list has revealed.

There's nothing wrong with me.

You saw the words "low carb" and neglected the context of the ongoing thread to tailor your advice to the OP's specific situation. That's not a good idea.

• Plooty222
    Plooty222 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    psucato wrote: »
    Here is a list ok foods I know this will hurt your brains but Im trying to make this stuff into some meals.

Meats should be grilled boiled baked or poached never fried
    Fish Cod, Flounder, Haddock, Orage roughy, grouper, tilapia, mahi mahi, tuna, catfish, crab ,scallop shrimp, lobster, swordfish, trout halibut salmon mackerel, herring.
    Meat: Ground turkey lean, chicken, beef, Lamb, Pork

Non Meat eggs whites, eggs hole, boca buger or similar with less than 6 carb per patty. Tofu
    Greens
    Collard and Mustard greens, Watercress and other green leaves, lettuce, Endive and spring mix, Kale and Turnip, spinach, celery, cucumber, mushrooms, radishes bean sprouts, summer squash, asparagus , cabbage, cauliflower , eggplant, fennel bulb, zucchini, broccoli, red cabbage peppers green red yellow, crookneck squash, green or wax bean, turnip, kohlrabi, okra, scallions, tomato, spaghetti squash,

NO Breads, rice , pasta, potatoes, beans, sugar, fruit

I have PCOS and have to avoid breads/rice/pasta/potatoes. I definitely recommend you 'spice up your life' -- my favorite is 'Cajun Foreplay' by Dinosaur bbq, though Curry's work well as well. Anything not too high in sodium. I use an 'Italian blend' which makes me almost not miss pizza and pasta. In particular I use it on zucchini/yellowsquash with tomatoes and create a 'bake'. I also like shirataki noodles. Are you allowed to have any types of protein powders? I know there are a lot of tasty fo-dessert things you can make with those.

Congrats on your loss so far! And good luck with the rest of your journey.
  • psucato
    psucato Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i have try the protein powered but it never seams to agree with me. It may work if i cook with it but in shack form even the lactose free gives me problems. I will try the Cajun foreplay and and i love the shirataki noodles been playing with a way to make mack and cheese whit them.
  • angievanhill
    angievanhill Posts: 19 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    On parchment paper, put Canadian bacon down, sauce on it, mushrooms, black olives, top with moz cheese. It's my fave low carb mini pizzas.
    Look on Pinterest for low carb.. there's a ton on there!! :smiley:
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    fqnuixd9mzhh.jpg

Zucchini, tuna, cheese and tomato sandwiches. 4 slices of zucchini as thin or think as you want them. 8 thin slices of cheese, 1 can lite tuna in water drained, 2 slices of tomato cut in half. Put on slice down on a oven prof tray put 2 slices of cheese on the zucchini than put half the tuna on top of that, than place the slice of zucchini on that add the the tomato, place in oven under the boiler for about 5 minutes, than add the other two slices of cheese on top of the tomato, place back under the boiler until the cheese starts to boil. Enjoy very yummy
  • allaboutthefood
    Options
    63dc6nrg4y9d.jpg
    Kale/Zucchini Turkey burgers. This is how I make my burgers. I always make 12, 4oz burgers. You can adjust this recipe with no problem. 2 lbs extra lean ground turkey or chicken. 6 slices low sodium bacon cooked and crumbled, 1 cup onion, 1 cup mushrooms, 50 grams any cheese of your choice grated , 2 gloves garlic 2 cups kale, stems removed, 1 cup zucchini. In large bowl add the ground meat, In food processor cut up kale and zucchini add garlic, onion and mushrooms chop till fine add the mixture to the meat, using the food processor again chop up the cheese until fine, add that to the meat, than add the crumbled bacon to the mixture. Using your hands mix everything together. I use a food scale to make sure I have 4 oz of mixture than I shape into a patty, place on a try with wax paper and I continue to all the patties are made, makes 12. Than I hand them over to my husband and he grills them on the BBQ they take about 10/15 minutes on the BBQ
  • allaboutthefood
    Options
    xr5kwg40ugp0.jpg
    Baked tomato cup with egg and cheese (you can skip the cheese) with saute kale and spinach
    hollow out a tomato crack egg inside bake at 375f for about 10/15 min than add cheese bake until cheese is melted
  • allaboutthefood
    Options
    sl1hg94i6xqc.jpg
    On the go egg muffins: You can put whatever kind of veggie, meat and or cheese in these.
    Make a bunch ahead of time, wrap them and put them in your freezer, than just grap and go.

6 eggs whisk with some cheese, salt, pepper one or two tablespoons milk and what ever veggies you want. I put kale, spinach, onion, garlic, peppers zucchini and mushrooms, you saute the veggies in some olive oil then add to the the egg mixture and I used a ice cream scoop to fill the muffin try, makes 10 cook in oven for 20 min. oven temp 350
  • allaboutthefood
    Options
    Stuffed baked spaghetti squash
    one squash cut in half and steamed, than hollowed out, put the squash in a dish to add the sauce, once sauce was mixed in, filled the squash shell then put cheese on top, than put under boiler until cheese is melted and bubbly. Sauce recipe, 4 mild Italian sausage cut up, one onion, 1 red bell pepper 1 orange pepper, garlic and 1 can crushed tomatoes. cook sausage in pa n with a bit of olive oil add onion and peppers cook for a couple minutes than add the crushed tomatoes oh and I also put black beans in the sauce. You will have sauce left over,2f3lqxm4n7n0.jpg
    Again you just add the meat and veggies you want, you can also make this with zucchini, lots of things to do with zucchini.
  • MariMcKeon
    MariMcKeon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    the diet seems harsh but if your doctor says so.....
    CONGRATULATIONS on your huge weight loss....remember, you need to make good eating habits you can stick with for the rest of your life
  • moondrake
    moondrake Posts: 37 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Try edamame pasta. Since tofu is in your list I would think soybeans would be as well, but check with your doctor. Edamame pasta contains nothing but soybeans, it's got twice as much prot e in as carbs and would give you the pasta feeling. But as I recall a single serving would use all your carbs for the day so maybe you'd want to go with a half serving. Also consider torneados, skirt steak or another very thinly sliced beef cut with vegetables rolled up inside and broiled or grilled. Also fajitas, with scallions, tomatoes and peppers.
  • walterbrigade
    walterbrigade Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Still new on the site. :-)

I've been reading some good stuff here and learned things.
    I will write my story for u soon. I could really could lose my weight and now I know how to maintain it. :smiley:
    I read a lot of stuff online, but the thing that finally got me some results, were tips from a book called "The Fat Burning Kitchen". If you are interested, you can get it at http://tinyurl.com/p4xqn8b

Stay tuned for my upcoming story.

The best of health for all. :blush:
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    psucato wrote: »
    First off thanks for the concern. Im under DIRECT MEDICAL SUPERVISION . I started at 500lbs and im 6'2" and im now at 365. My DR is keeping an eye on all my levels and so far everything is looking good. I was doing this at first as prep for bariatric surgery but now with the loss im not going to have it. I lost 50 lbs in first mounts 30 in mouth 2 and now im losing about 10 - 15 lbs a month. just getting sick of greems and protein need to find some new ways to put them together.

Fabulous work! Have you seen this site for recipes? http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.ca

• magenleah2
    magenleah2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb as well! I made cheese burger wraps with Romaine lettuce. I cooked the hamburger meat on the stove with salt, pepper, garlic salt and table spoon of ketchup. Once in the Romaine, I topped it with tomatoes, onion, cheese and a pickle spear. I have 3 and they were delicious! Low calorie and low carb.