weight training only success stories

Options
Bearface115
Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
I'd love to see people who have started off heavy and did free weights/ weight machines with maybe light cardio with transformations. I want to lose 100 lbs and afraid to start out using weights even though I've heard other wise. Please show me you're before and after pictures!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    163-130ish. Heavy lifting, moderate/light cardio. I started working on form with a trainer, used a program she set up for me, then moved kind of abruptly to Wendler's 5/3/1. Once I got to 133ish I tried a recomp using PHUL and lasted only 3 months. Currently in a deficit to get to 125.

ffavzv3vaoga.jpg

l5lqgvk6ex4w.jpg

2haktjycox8q.jpg
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Wow!! you look amazing!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Wow!! you look amazing!

Thank you. Don't be afraid to start weight training right away. There are so many people on here who get to goal and realize they are a bit...mushier than they'd like, and say they regret not weight training throughout weight loss. For me, I just hated cardio and liked lifting. I got a trainer who understood that, and I was learning about the benefits of lifting all along the way.

I suggest paying for a trainer for at least a month. I paid for cheaper sessions, 30 minutes, and met twice a week. I wanted to learn form for compound lifts and free weight lifts ONLY. I was not paying someone to watch me do burpees and pushups (though she made me do them sometimes). After a couple of months you can get your form down and branch off on your own. It did put a dent in my finances but I don't regret it.
  • truediamond11
    truediamond11 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Rudenurse88
    Rudenurse88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Wow!! you look amazing!

Thank you. Don't be afraid to start weight training right away. There are so many people on here who get to goal and realize they are a bit...mushier than they'd like, and say they regret not weight training throughout weight loss. For me, I just hated cardio and liked lifting. I got a trainer who understood that, and I was learning about the benefits of lifting all along the way.

I suggest paying for a trainer for at least a month. I paid for cheaper sessions, 30 minutes, and met twice a week. I wanted to learn form for compound lifts and free weight lifts ONLY. I was not paying someone to watch me do burpees and pushups (though she made me do them sometimes). After a couple of months you can get your form down and branch off on your own. It did put a dent in my finances but I don't regret it.

Best advice. Groupon sometimes has specials for personal training. Some gyms have orientation to their equipment as well
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!