Low Carb Buddies NEEDED

Options
Just looking for some low carb fellas and bellas . I'm 19yrs old , 5'7 , & leaning out . Feel free to add ! I'll comment on and like all your stuff until you hate me ;)

Replies

• micheledarley2012
    micheledarley2012 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am eating low/no carb to the best of my ability. My weight is coming off quick so I know it must be that. I see my dr on Thursday an am hoping for more recipes. I'd love to hear your experience and what you eat that helps you lose.
  • meaghan2008
    meaghan2008 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    im beginning lchf tomorrow hoping to see some AWESOME RESULTS :)
  • runollierun
    runollierun Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to limit my carbs to close to 100g per day. My wife is doing 50g a day and having great results.
  • bringon30
    bringon30 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am doing low carb. Add me!
  • katiewil1
    katiewil1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me too! Low carb sometimes no carb !! Add me please xx
  • jamiebowling89
    jamiebowling89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm been doing a semi-low carb, but cracking down tomorrow. I've done low-carb a few times, and the weight does fly off. Make sure to keep your protein and fiber high (fiber because... Well if you don't keep your fiber intake high, you'll figure out why its a priority lol). I just got this app, so I don't know what people mean when they say "add me", but add me. I'll figure it out.
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    For being 5'7" you eat like a bird, and your carb levels in your diary are so low that it might create health problems (I'm no Dr. - but maybe you should talk to one about your diet)
  • rBex01
    rBex01 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    UGH I love carbs but am trying to cut back... Let's do this add me too!
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I just started banting (LCHF) yesterday so far so good but would love some support along the way :-)
  • Tabitha1908
    Tabitha1908 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started low carb this week and would like to have some support and see what everyone else is eating, add me if you like!
  • maplegirlst
    maplegirlst Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am doing moderate/low carb. I'm doing a <1500 calorie plan with 25-25-50 macros. So my daily goals are
    Calories: 1500
    Carbs: 94
    Protein: 188 (I really struggle with this. That just seems like A LOT of protein!)
    Fat: 42

So far I've been doing really well. Not perfect of course, but I'm still pretty proud. Today is my 25th consecutive day logging my food in MFP. I've lost 5.4 pounds since I started.

What are everyone else's daily goals?
  • maplegirlst
    maplegirlst Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Quick question for everyone: When you count your daily carbs, do you subtract your fiber? I tend not to but my diabetic husband does. What do you do?

If at the end of the day you've recorded 95 carbs and 20 units of fiber, do you consider that 75 carbs for the day?

I've been having this question a lot at night. What happens is I'm right at my goal for daily carbs but I want something sweet before bed. If I were to subtract my fiber from my carbs I could have that cup of hot chocolate or whatever and still be under my carb goal for the day.
  • JulieEllul
    JulieEllul Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm PSMF...feel free to add
  • johnsongs1
    johnsongs1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm low carb. Add me.
  • theetycho
    theetycho Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Quick question for everyone: When you count your daily carbs, do you subtract your fiber? I tend not to but my diabetic husband does. What do you do?

If at the end of the day you've recorded 95 carbs and 20 units of fiber, do you consider that 75 carbs for the day?

I've been having this question a lot at night. What happens is I'm right at my goal for daily carbs but I want something sweet before bed. If I were to subtract my fiber from my carbs I could have that cup of hot chocolate or whatever and still be under my carb goal for the day.

Omg! I thought I was the only one who considered this! Me too! I mean, I'm not an expert or anything, but I read that fiber is like the good carbs. So you shouldn't really cut back on it or count those ones in your carb total. Unless it would put me exceedingly over my limit, I think it's safe subtract them out. They may be good for you. But they're still carbs
  • khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am not counting carbs, but I am definitely consciously limiting them. Carbs including pasta, potatoes, rice, or bread used to make up ~ half of the calories of all of my meals. Now I'm having those foods just a couple of times a week. Adding you!