For those of you doing Zumba...

Options
2»

Replies

• mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Does anyone rate the zumba game I realy want to try this but with being so big im realy worried about going to classes and making a fool of myself so would love to just start with the game first as see how I go with that.
  • betterlife2011
    Options
    I ABSOLUTLY LOVE ZUMBIA even though i dont only do that i try to do a different exercise everyday so i will not know if and how much just it works but i have it on wii its fun my teenage daughter does it with meI just started doin the exercise thing i made a challange for myself to do it everyday at least for a 30 minutes. its been almost two wks the only day i havent got in was Sat do to the cookout here at my house lol i know no excuses but i got a workout i had too cook for like 20-30people lol:flowerforyou:
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Does anyone rate the zumba game I realy want to try this but with being so big im realy worried about going to classes and making a fool of myself so would love to just start with the game first as see how I go with that.

I have played that game before and it is really fun. I have 180 something more pounds to go and I still go to classes. I wouldn't worry about what you look like in class, everybody is trying to concentrate on what the instructor is doing so they don't have time to look at what you are doing. Going to the class is the best thing I have ever done for myself. We all laugh at ourselves in the class at times and it is a great time and it doesn't even feel like you are working out even though sweat is pouring off of you.
  • IndigoVA
    IndigoVA Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba classes for about 2 years, and I love them! I haven't tried the DVDs, but I did get the game for Wii. Honestly, I hated the game. I thought it was way too easy and really boring compared to the classes. It made me break a sweat, but nothing like the 600+ calories I burn doing the classes.
  • MrsBrit2007
    MrsBrit2007 Posts: 161
    Options
    I've been to a handful of classes and I have the DVDs. I love them both! Aside from walking daily, Zumba is the only other exercise that I do and I've lost around 10lbs from it. (I started losing weight with Zumba before joining MFP.)
    I find that I work harder if I'm in a class, but I still work up a sweat at home.

I love Zumba!
  • michelle2566
    Options
    I have been going to Zumba once a week since october I love it . Its a real good workout and great fun too...
  • misshayes
    misshayes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba DVDs and do them at home before I go to work and I LOVE them...Great workouts.
  • vpwelsh
    vpwelsh Posts: 31
    Options
    Zumba is awesome! We have been going twice a week for 1 hour classes since the fall. I have lost 30lbs. It is so much fun....our instructor is great!
  • ronny23
    ronny23 Posts: 35
    Options
    So... What DVDs inspire you more? I woul like to buy the best ones... I'm way too interested to learn :)
  • jlblight84
    jlblight84 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi there - I have a set of zumba dvds. An intro one with a 20min workout, a cardio one, a sculpt and tone one, a live one and some maracca weights! I love doing the dvds but some are quite hardcore. I do as much as I can and recon that as I get fitter I will be able to do more. It is fun and I feel like I have worked every part of my body afterwards. They were not cheap but I am using them so they were worth it! Hope this helps! Jennie xx
  • zumbasalsera
    Options
    Hi, I've been a Zumba instructor for three years and (of course) LOOOOVE Zumba! It is so fun and each time I teach the time just flies by and I'm sweating but never felt like I was working out. I highly encourage any of you who have only done the Wii or videos at home to go try a class near you (find one at the zumba website). I'm certain the energy you will get from a live class will inspire you and push to to work out even harder. And don't worry if you think you're too big, too uncoordinated, too old, too male (haha), too two-left-footed, too-whatever. Zumba is for everyone and you owe it to yourself to give it a shot!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    ...are you enjoying it? - I really do enjoy it, it's a great alternative cardio routine
    ...how much have you lost? 10 lbs
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba, I do it 3x a week now..doing another Zumbathon on Friday, it's a great workout and what's great is if you make a mistake..no one cares :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!