Half Way - 45 lbs down - with pictures-

Options
sd101483
sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
This is painful to post, but I'm also very proud of how far I've come and I didn't really see the difference until I took a picture for comparison the other day - wow! I still see the much heavier me in the mirror - but, pictures don't lie!

I know how motivating other posts are with pictures so I hope to do the same. *deep breath* Here goes...(this is excrutiating to admit how fat I really was...)

For the record, I'm 5'5".

I've always been "the fat kid". I was roughly 220 in high school and maintained. Then, came a crappy relationship, sedentary job, and no money for healthy food.

This is close to my heaviest - I don't think I have any pictures from that time as I, like many, avoided the camera. I was 236 *gulp* (that's horrible to admit!) at my highest. Here I was prob 230ish, so...very close to my highest.

225066_20745956688_503141688_453517_5992_n.jpg

This one makes me want to crawl in a hole and DIE...

189904_17920841688_503141688_2391_4295_n.jpg

I started losing weight (about 4 years ago) and lost 36 lbs (with calorie counting (and exercise) then, too - but I didn't have this wonderful site at that time and all of you wonderfully motivating and supportive people!) ONCE I got to 199...just once...stuck at 200- then, came nursing school and my now ex cheating one me with my then best friend - I kept most of it off despite being an emotional disaster. I bounced between 200 and 210-215 and back down - so I give myself credit for keeping any of it off. During the summer's I would get down to 195 or so, and go back up during the school year. If only I had kept losing, and not losing and gaining, I would be at my goal and then some!

This picture was taken last September. I think I was roughly 205-210 here - nursing school graduation, boards, and job interviews (along with celebrations due to such) were not helping with the weight loss.

BEFORE.jpg

Finally, I'm back at it and in it for the long haul this time. This one is from two weeks ago - roughly 195, but definitely toning up.

CIMG4606.jpg

I'm now 192.2, which is the lowest I've ever been able to get (previously 193) and know I'm on my way. My first mini goal this time around is under 190 and then 175. My ultimate goal being 145 and then I will re-evaluate. I know I will get there!

Here's how much I've changed looks, too!

(The look on my face in the first one shows how painful it is being fat! Haha)

230716_20745886688_503141688_453503_2370_n.jpgvsCIMG4647.jpg

and

230011_20745921688_503141688_453510_4184_n.jpg vs CIMG4548.jpg

One last one - I was cleaning out my cloest yesterday to donate bunches of things that don't fit me. I was going thru a box that I had already started and found a skirt and thought "Now why is that in there. I love this skirt". I put it on...it promptly fell to the floor -ooooh, that's why. It was a size 18 - I'm now a comfortable 12! This is that skirt! (I think it was even TIGHT at one point!!!!!

CIMG4664.jpg

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Congrats on your loss and keep up your hard work!!!! Thanks for posting this, it gives people such motivation!!!!!
  • Roe1968
    Roe1968 Posts: 133
    Options
    YOU ROCK GIRL!!! :flowerforyou:
  • DawnNeufeldt
    Options
    Browsing through the site. Saw your post. Checked it out!!
    Way to go Girl!! You have inspired me!! Congrats on your amazing progress!!!
  • froggzy1015
    froggzy1015 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Way to go girly! You are doing an awesome job and I love this site as well! Great people, great motivation! You got this and you will make it to your goal with the help of all of us! We won't let you fall off track! :heart:
  • mum2littledove
    mum2littledove Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    OMG that's amazing!!! Well done you!
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Keep it up! You can tell just by the glow on your face now how much happier you are, and imagine how you will feel when you meet your goal! Congratulations :)
  • Jenn421
    Jenn421 Posts: 56
    Options
    way to go!!!!! i hate posting picture when i was bigger but i like to see how big difference... keep up the godod work!
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Amazing..Very pretty!!! You are doing an awesome job!!!
  • tobeygirl45
    tobeygirl45 Posts: 57
    Options
    You are looking great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am also 5 5" and my highest weight ever was 237 which I also hate to admit.... I lost that weight years ago and went down to 160 and then yo yo'd up and down over the years.............. I recently was 196 at the beginning of this year and have lost 20 lbs in 5 months... I have been at a plateau for about 5 - 6 weeks now and am stuck at 176.............Reading your post and seeing your pics surely helped me out today as I didn't have a very good healthy weekend with all the holiday bbq's and am struggling also today!........Thanks for your inspiration to keep it going b/c 145 is my ultimate goal as well. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK .... YOU LOOK AMAZING!! AND THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION AS I NEED IT EVERY NOW AND THEN!!!!
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pics...I really appreciate seeing other's successes and it definately helps me stay motivated...
    I can relate to being mad at an ex...One summer, my then-boyfriend dumped me for his ex-girlfriend...but I have to tell you, that motivated the hell outta me! I was at the gym 4-5x a week, lost all the weight I wanted to lose, and looked my best ever! I was driven by my intense anger and it really worked! Now if I could only get that emotionally motivated again! LOL! In a good way, if possible!! Good luck to you though, and keep up the great work! :drinker:
  • mstracey
    mstracey Posts: 2
    Options
    GREAT JOB,I JUST HOPE I CAN KEEP MINES GOING ALSO, I HAVE LOST 4LBS. SO THATS GREAT! KEEP UP THE GOOD WRK:smile:
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! I'll bet you feel great too. Thanks for sharing the pictures, however painful that was. I am new to this and you are an inspiration. Keep up the good work!
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pics...I really appreciate seeing other's successes and it definately helps me stay motivated...
    I can relate to being mad at an ex...One summer, my then-boyfriend dumped me for his ex-girlfriend...but I have to tell you, that motivated the hell outta me! I was at the gym 4-5x a week, lost all the weight I wanted to lose, and looked my best ever! I was driven by my intense anger and it really worked! Now if I could only get that emotionally motivated again! LOL! In a good way, if possible!! Good luck to you though, and keep up the great work! :drinker:

Oh, how I can relate! Revenge is a GREAT motivator! I've had a few other craptastic things happen to me too and there's def some revenge deep down that's motivating me, among other things. Especially when I see the disaster my ex is with now - I'm positive he regrets his stupidity as it is, but, I want that to hurt like hell! I'll be hot...she's so not! ;-) lol - Ok, *****y, yes, but I think most of us can relate on some level!
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations, you are truely an inspiration. You give people like me hope, this can really be done. Thanks for posting. Amazing. Way to go.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look great. Keep it up.
  • ShawnaMama
    ShawnaMama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful, and so happy! Great job...you should be so proud of yourself!
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Looking GREAT! Keep up the good work!
  • lovebeinGIGI
    lovebeinGIGI Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Doing great!! Keep up the good work!!!! Don't give up!!
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    Brilliant, thanks for sharing, you look amazing and so much younger now, thanks for the motivation and congratulations :drinker:
  • freckledLeanne
    freckledLeanne Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!