I need some help..

Options
I think I've hit my first plateau. A little back story. I started my journey in January of this year. Lost 20 pounds from then until May. In May, I had my wisdom teeth extracted and was on liquids and soft foods for about a week and half. I lost a pound during that time. I ate a little more than I should have after I could eat again, that lasted about 2 weeks, but got back on track with exercise and eating at my calorie goal. Mfp originally had me at 1700 then 1600 calories a day and I consistently lost a pound a week like I was supposed to. After I got back on track, mfp had me down to 1500, but I have been at the same weight since May. I measure and weigh all my food, I switched up my exercise from treadmill only to a 30 minute hiit exercise to see if that would help and I exercise at least 4 times a week. I've been pretty much eating the same foods as I was, because I'm a picky eater. I still have not lost the weight I was losing at a higher calorie intake. I'm 5'4" and currently 194lbs and started at 216. I guess I'm wondering if I should add some calories back, or keep going like I am. I'd like to see the scale start moving again.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary? No, eating more is not the answer.
  • jerogers4s
    jerogers4s Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It should be open now. I've been using the sworkit app on my phone. I just synched it to mfp about a week ago so I can see what it says my calorie burn is. I know it isn't 100% accurate, but sometimes the app freezes, so this is how I can see what it thinks I did.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    It's hard to help you when you aren't as accurate as you claim to be with logging. Wednesday is just a bunch of, "quick adds," so we really don't know what you ate.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    Woahhhh, what is all this quick add MFP premium one serving business? Where's the actual logging? There's your problem.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Looked at your diary and you have to tighten up your4 logging

Weigh ALL your food in grams and dont use cups or spoons or serving sizes.
    Cups and spoons are for liquids!
  • jerogers4s
    jerogers4s Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sounds legit. I guess I was more lax than I thought I was. I didn't realize I did quick add so much. Now that I look back through the diary.. good grief. Time to get back at it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    jerogers4s wrote: »
    Sounds legit. I guess I was more lax than I thought I was. I didn't realize I did quick add so much. Now that I look back through the diary.. good grief. Time to get back at it.

You've got this!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    jerogers4s wrote: »

It honestly makes all the difference.