Weight Scales

Options
Hi MFPals,

I have purchased many weight scales in my day, and I come to find out, many will either give a bad reading or no function well over a short period of time.

What is the most accurate and preferable scale you recommend and use?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Honestly, my bathroom scale was a cheap digital from Kmart, and it's been going strong for almost 5 years and I haven't even changed the battery! Can't fault it...
  • HailDawgs
    HailDawgs Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Honestly, my bathroom scale was a cheap digital from Kmart, and it's been going strong for almost 5 years and I haven't even changed the battery! Can't fault it...

My problem is that I spend too little on scales, and I get what I pay for. I am skeptical about ones I have bought that were cheap, because the several times I talk about were: I got on a scale, read my weight, got off, and right then, I got on again, and it gave me a 2 lb. or more difference. I want something that is as close to accurate as possible without blowing the wallet. :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    HailDawgs wrote: »

My problem is that I spend too little on scales, and I get what I pay for. I am skeptical about ones I have bought that were cheap, because the several times I talk about were: I got on a scale, read my weight, got off, and right then, I got on again, and it gave me a 2 lb. or more difference. I want something that is as close to accurate as possible without blowing the wallet. :)

You could try checking out Amazon and reading some reviews, people are happy to let the world know when they aren't impressed with a product :)
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have a health o meter scale from Wal-Mart I paid like $40 for more than 5 years ago. I look at weighing myself as a snap shot and use the data to build a trend line.
    I generally don't talk in terms of I lost 1.5lbs or even 2lbs, because so much can change the measurements...foot positioning, clothing, water weight, pooping ect. So even if I get on the scale and then hop on again and get a different weight, chances are both measurements fit on the trend and as long as the over all trend is downward I am losing weight. :D