Chicken Broccoli diet???

Options

Replies

• zaxx1953
    zaxx1953 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    zaxx1953 wrote: »
    I eat a ton of both chicken and Broccoli, but wouldn't want to only eat those two thing myself.

Why can't people just eat healthy, well balanced food in normal amounts, move more, lift things and become healthy gradually?

BOOOOORING!

So is saving, working, and driving 9 yr old import cars, but let me tell you, it's nice being a landlord at 31.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    pmm3437 wrote:
    that diet would leave you calcium and iron deficient, and probably without enough fat for normal hormonal production/support.
    Broccoli has a decent amount of calcium.
    And for only 2 weeks, it's probably not going to do a major amount of damage (other than the aforementioned
    gastrointestinal emissions).

But _why_ would you subject yourself to that??? :confused:

The only benefit I see is that you'd be so bored & "I've had too much of this already!" that you'd be eating less.
    I think it's more fun to do that with a variety of food.
  • zaxx1953
    zaxx1953 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I am confused, can you not steam the broccoli and sautee it in healthy, great tasting fats like EVOO or Coconut Oil?

That's how I eat much of my broccoli and spinach.

Yum Yum....lots of fats and nutrient for my body.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Hello guys! Been researching about this diet. Its basically a diet for 10 days-14 days consist of just eating Chicken and Broccoli. Can you give me your opinion about this? Anyone who tried this diet already? Thanks!

Opinion- It is incredibly limited. You will probably start to hate chicken and broccoli. There is no reason to do this. Just eat the right number of calories and you can eat anything you like.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Hello guys! Been researching about this diet. Its basically a diet for 10 days-14 days consist of just eating Chicken and Broccoli. Can you give me your opinion about this? Anyone who tried this diet already? Thanks!

Have you found out "why" while doing your research?

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    I'm actually disappointed that a "Chicken Broccoli" isn't a thing.

"One of your finest GM Chicken Broccolis please"
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    pmm3437 wrote: »
    Just as a start, that diet would leave you calcium and iron deficient, and probably without enough fat for normal hormonal production/support.

Would also not provide enough carbs for energy, and your body would shift over to ketosis. You would likely experience carb withdrawal symptoms ( keto flu ), generally feeling like crap, while you lost 8-12 lbs of mostly water weight.

You would regain that water weight the instant you started eating regular amounts of carbs again. Oh, and the extremely high protein intake could possibly damage your kidneys, although the likelihood is extremely low for this short of a time period.
    Protein does not damage the kidneys in someone with normally functioning kidneys.
  • SparklySarah412
    SparklySarah412 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    It only works if you blend them together in a shake.

Eeww!

SEE! Already, you're able to consume less food. I told you it works!

If you get bored of shakes you can always freeze it to make yourself a delicious new flavour of ice cream:

I'd call it "double broc-chick-chunk surprise" the surprise is more broccoli.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Nutritionally lacking and stupidly restrictive fad
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    What do you eat after 14 days?

EVERYTHING!
  • Nickers5405
    Nickers5405 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Doing it for 2 weeks isn't going to kill you. You'll definitely lose some weight but probably won't keep it off once the 2 weeks are up.

Goodluck eating only chicken and broccoli for 2 weeks.

To put it into perspective you would need to eat roughly 7 lbs of broccoli a day to get 1200 calories or 2 lbs of baked chicken a day to get 1200 calories.

So in total if you're caloric requirement is conservatively 1200 calories - you would need to eat 3.5 lbs of broccoli and 1 lbs of chicken every single day.

If you're caloric requirement is 2000 calories ( like mine) then you're in for 2 weeks of torture LOL

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    It only works if you blend them together in a shake.

Eeww!

SEE! Already, you're able to consume less food. I told you it works!

If you get bored of shakes you can always freeze it to make yourself a delicious new flavour of ice cream:

I'd call it "double broc-chick-chunk surprise" the surprise is more broccoli.
    You're not allowed to be in charge of my next surprise party.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    You can google anything and it's there

54861501.jpg
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    My partner hasn't tried the chicken-broccoli only method, but eats a lot of it by choice. If you want nasty farts that can kill small animals and stun children, go for it!
  • nightshade_blossom
    nightshade_blossom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The point of this diet is to get rid of all carbs. So it's basically an Atkins diet- it works as it causes u to go into ketosis, which means that ur body breaks down fat stores to function. Supposedly u lose weight even quicker
    Sounds perfect: but the first time u go into ketosis u get flu like symptoms. Like a killer headache.
    Do at ur own risk
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    The point of this diet is to get rid of all carbs. So it's basically an Atkins diet- it works as it causes u to go into ketosis, which means that ur body breaks down fat stores to function. Supposedly u lose weight even quicker
    Sounds perfect: but the first time u go into ketosis u get flu like symptoms. Like a killer headache.
    Do at ur own risk

So you lose a lot of water weight as you deplete your glycogen stores

Which come back the second you resort to a somewhat normal diet

Damn...if you're gonna do keto, do keto properly and make it a lifestyle decision...don't just play with your water weight to watch a scale weight drop and assume that has a relevance to your body fat %
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Do at ur own risk

Low fat is not good for ketosis.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Will it hurt you to do it for 10 days? Mostly likely not. Is it a reasonable and balanced diet? Absolutely not. Optimal? Not in my opinion. Personally, even though there's not much diet-wise you can do for only 10 days that's dangerous, I find the mindset that goes with those type of diets a hindrance to long-term success.

I'm no fan of so-called "clean eating" but it could be done a lot better. Get loads of fresh veggies in a variety of colors, a couple of kinds of meat/dairy, and some fats like avocado and nuts. Start learning how to provide your body with good nutrition and an appropriate number of calories, because those are the skills that will help you be successful long term.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    What do you eat after 14 days?

Broccoli Chicken?

Actually broccoli and chicken sounds great for dinner tomorrow night but I like variety so not sure I could do any meal night after night. Some of these diets that come up are so odd..

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have plenty of toilet paper, the soft kind and you are always close to a bathroom, if you go out maybe bring some extra clothing just in case.

Good luck. ;)