Female who WANTS to get a little bulky?

Options
13»

Replies

• Nickers5405
    Nickers5405 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    One thing to take into account as well is some of those women are dieting and cutting down leading up to when you see them on stage. They may look different in between shows or during their off season.

Like male body builders and physique competitors, when they look They're best on stage they're usually at their weakest
  • stephxo1
    stephxo1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Drop me a PM if you want some advice. I did a bulk between December-June of this year eating 3000 cals a day, following a strict lifting program called PMB and added 17lbs to my frame in that timescale. Bodyfat went up to around 25% as I got myself pretty lean before bulking. This is also important when you start so that you don't get put off when you start gaining some fat. And carbs will be your friend while bulking to keep strength up when lifting, I was averaging 350g a day at the time. I'm cutting at the mo on between 1800-2000 cals so you're going to have to up the calorie intake if you're wanting to see some gains. Good luck and it can be done with the right mindset and determination.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    stephxo1 wrote: »
    Drop me a PM if you want some advice. I did a bulk between December-June of this year eating 3000 cals a day, following a strict lifting program called PMB and added 17lbs to my frame in that timescale. Bodyfat went up to around 25% as I got myself pretty lean before bulking. This is also important when you start so that you don't get put off when you start gaining some fat. And carbs will be your friend while bulking to keep strength up when lifting, I was averaging 350g a day at the time. I'm cutting at the mo on between 1800-2000 cals so you're going to have to up the calorie intake if you're wanting to see some gains. Good luck and it can be done with the right mindset and determination.

Wow, sounds like you did amazing on your bulk! OP, I have nothing to add, but you've gotten some advice from some people with great experience. Good luck with the bulk!
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    or get into Crossfit so you learn proper form.

Ha, ha, ha, ha

so funny

Oh wait were you being serious?

I thought the same thing... not bashing Crossfit, but it's not exactly about form....

:B sometimes you sacrifice speed for proper form.
    Yeh I've done CF
    now I'm mixing it with weightlifting.
    I am more careful with my form than I was.

You bumped almost a year old thread to whiteknight cross fit?

How about that flexing pic?
  • sweetochiken
    sweetochiken Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    ishkur wrote: »
    I see tons of posts about women being afraid that if they lift more than a pink 5lb weight they will explode into a she-hulk overnight, and tons of posts and articles about how its impossible for that to happen, that "women can't get bulky, they just get a toned figure". Which is nice and all, but I personally want to look athletic, maybe more than athletic. I want to look close to those who compete in Figure, or maybe between Figure and Physique. Which to me isn't too bulky to me, its just right. I was wondering if it is possible to reach that sort of fitness naturally, without steroids? I currently am bulking and lift around 6 hours a week, what would it take to reach that if it is possible? I'm willing to put my all into it, its something I want a lot, and have looked up to strong women since I was a kid. Could maybe some of you tell me how you started, and your stories to reach you're figure? Thanks!

Hey lady, i'm trying to do the same thing as you, and it's even tougher since i am breastfeeding. Especially when i cant take preworkouts or recovery drinks. So i stuck by counting my MACROS, and seriously has changed my life. Ive been counting for 6 wks, (fell off the wagon a few times, its very maticulous). But i was 4 months post partum when i started my journey, and i weighed 135 lbs(im 5'7"), started my macros diet at 129lbs and the lbs melted away. I now weigh 120, and i see muscle!. I am so proud of myself. I know i can be even more muscular, but i got a kid off for the summer and a very active 6 month old. Anyway, prep your meals, label them, freeze them for freshness , and you wont be tempted to eat crap. It is possible to achieve muscular goals lol, without all the supplements. For sure i take protein, but thats about it. I eat while i workout (like a carb, so a banana and a granola bar) it helps a ton, gives me a natural boost of energy. Also, i eat a ton! Lol i nurse so i have to eat an absurd amount of calories, on a upper body day i do 170 g of protein (normal amount for non-nursing ladies is 150g) carbs is at 240, and fats are at 50. On leg day i have to eat more carbs so that number goes up to 270. So i am eatung between 1800-2100 calories on a given day.At first i started with 150g(p), 200g (c) and 30g (f). I was starving, but you will get used to it. Sorry this became a crazy rant, but i am also looking to become a phisique (or bikini at first) competitor; theres a npc competition in november and im hoping to make it to my goal so i can compete.