Second 5K w/ pics of pasty white thighs!

Options
CaptainGordo
CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
Completed my second 5K on Saturday -- the SmileCenter Memorial 5K (http://www.run13.com/races/memorial).

First 5K (05/14/11): 39 min 39 sec
Second 5K Goal: 36 min
Second 5K Actual (5/28/11): 38 min 3 sec

Didn't quite make my goal, but did shave a minute and a half off my first time. I pushed really hard for the first mile, and was on-pace at the 2 mile mark. Even with a guy of roughly the same size/shape nearby most of the time, serving as my "gotta beat that guy" guy, I was out of steam for the last 1/2 mile. I had a great time, though, and was happy to participate in a race whose proceeds went to help the families of fallen police officers.

Here's the pasty white thighs pic I promised...

MemDay5K2011.gif

Yes, that is a Captain America shirt. Hells yeah...

Excited to run 5K number 3 this coming Saturday -- a mud obstacle course (thedirtydash.com). C25K changed my life. I'm no speed demon, but I am a runner, and I'm loving it.

Feel free to add me, if you are interested in having another cheerleader in your corner.

Replies

• Jentorres8814
    Jentorres8814 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    OMG GRATS !!!! This is such a great thing your doing and your def inspiring ALOT of ppl..me included! Your time is still really great:flowerforyou: I have my first 5K in 3 weeks..and i can only really run 1/4 of a mile at a time with short walk breaks in between each 1/4 mile. I'm proud of you !!
  • AzBarrelRacer
    Options
    Nice job!!! 1 minute overall improvement is super!!! Keep it up :)
  • NYM1129
    NYM1129 Posts: 16
    Options
    :laugh: great job, pasty thighs & all
  • NYM1129
    NYM1129 Posts: 16
    Options
    dp
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    1.5 min PR is nothing to turn your nose up at! Great job! I love running races too. Keep up the good work! and jealous.. jealous.. jealous of your mud run, sounds like fun.
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I just started week one day one of couch to 5k yesterday. You're my new hero!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Okay, so I just started week one day one of couch to 5k yesterday. You're my new hero!
    Great decision! If I can do it...
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I have my first 5K in 3 weeks..and i can only really run 1/4 of a mile at a time with short walk breaks in between each 1/4 mile. I'm proud of you !!
    Thank you for the encouragement, and congrats on your first race coming up! You got this -- don't give up. I'm done worrying about the scale for a while -- and just enjoying seeing my body get stronger with my runs. I've always been into team sports, and now doing something where it's just my body vs. my brain vs. my willpower has been amazing.
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Great decision! If I can do it...

I need me a Wonder Woman tee, lol.:wink:
  • joamarelo
    joamarelo Posts: 161
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!