Finally under 200 pounds

Options
I was so thrilled to hit 198 today! 60 more pounds to go! I started out 238 pounds April 11th. My next goal is 175 by October, 150 by new years or February , 140 by April. Hopefully I lose it before April, but i feel the need to set a standard goal to keep me going.

Replies

• hsmama11
    hsmama11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • nldmaglet
    nldmaglet Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How exiting! Congratulations! Keep up the good work! Any advice for a semi newbie? I've done this once before but fell off in about a month. I need to lose 50 pounds due to health issues and back problems. I need motivation and encouragement. New friends on her would help a lot. :)
  • Shammyface
    Shammyface Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! Well done! ^^ You're doing fantastic in such a short time :) I have very similar goals (HW 240 GW 140) and am just about where you are now (195 today) in terms of my journey. Can I add you as a friend?
  • Forest91
    Forest91 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Well done you are doing so well
  • mpovlsen
    mpovlsen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Shammyface wrote: »
    Hi! Well done! ^^ You're doing fantastic in such a short time :) I have very similar goals (HW 240 GW 140) and am just about where you are now (195 today) in terms of my journey. Can I add you as a friend?

Sure! Friends are always welcome.
  • mpovlsen
    Options
    nldmaglet wrote: »
    How exiting! Congratulations! Keep up the good work! Any advice for a semi newbie? I've done this once before but fell off in about a month. I need to lose 50 pounds due to health issues and back problems. I need motivation and encouragement. New friends on her would help a lot. :)

My biggest advice is this... panera is now your McDonald's. Anything on the under 400 calories. I did this before when my husband went to iraq. I got down to 150. I put it all back on plus some over the years. I wanted to spend every moment with him because I thought it would be the last time. I let myself go unfortunately. This time it's with him home. My other advice is. You come first. My kids always want me to do do do do, husband wants me to do do do, friends want me to do do do. My new line is "sorry not today i have to work out" also "this is what i cook for myself, you can have some" "no I'm not cooking 2 different dinners" "you eat what i make or you can make it yourself" . I tell my dog "sorry my name is no longer Sharron i don't share food this is all i get each day". Lol.
  • mpovlsen
    Options
    mpovlsen wrote: »
    nldmaglet wrote: »

My biggest advice is this... panera is now your McDonald's. Anything on the under 400 calories. I did this before when my husband went to iraq. I got down to 150. I put it all back on plus some over the years. I wanted to spend every moment with him because I thought it would be the last time. I let myself go unfortunately. This time it's with him home. My other advice is. You come first. My kids always want me to do do do do, husband wants me to do do do, friends want me to do do do. My new line is "sorry not today i have to work out" also "this is what i cook for myself, you can have some" "no I'm not cooking 2 different dinners" "you eat what i make or you can make it yourself" . I tell my dog "sorry my name is no longer Sharron i don't share food this is all i get each day". Lol.

Oh and take Sunday off "1 day of your choosing ". I stay at 1200 calories Monday thru Saturday, but Sunday is my 1500 calorie day, also i don't work out, i don't prepare food, i sit around and play video games. I eat panera, and i go to the local market to make a kick butt salad on Sundays.
  • adrianharris53
    adrianharris53 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome cant wait till I simply touch 2 something again! Motivational
  • TatianaMercedez
    TatianaMercedez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Amazing! What an inspiration! Keep moving forward. Weight loss is a journey and sometimes it's hard to stay on track. So happy for you!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • lilteddy78
    lilteddy78 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You are doing awesome. A few years ago I lost 90lbs. I've since gained 30 from that and need to lose it and another 10. You can do it!! I have faith in you!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Nice job! I remember that feeling - like I was Superman :)