Anyone tried Slim Fizz?

Options
I read an article about this product today and was hoping I could get some info or reviews from people who have tried it please?

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Article- product-stupid name- no doubt ridiculous claims

I know nothing about it

But the way you lose weight is calories in<calories out
  • lizzz_25
    lizzz_25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I reckon it would work, I just read the same article I think! Pretty sure that drinking a big glass of water just before eating would have the same effect though...
  • lcbarke2
    lcbarke2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Read this on the Daily Mail this morning, going to order a tube and give it a go. I'm going on holiday in 10 days and want to lose a few pounds!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    PT Barnum would be vindicated.
  • Kittykate_
    Kittykate_ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Seen this on news this morning also interested to see what people think!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Article- product-stupid name- no doubt ridiculous claims

I know nothing about it

But the way you lose weight is calories in<calories out
    This +1. Stop looking for quick fixes and realise the most successful weight losers are those who can eat at a consistent calorific deficit and then in the long term moderate their eaing into a lifestyle change because they understand about how much to eat, what to eat and do a bit of exercise.

The name sounds stupid dont waste your money.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    There is no magic pill, drink or "fizz" that will make you lose weight. Eat less calories, than you burn. The end.
  • 999tigger
    Options
    Ok I had a look at what it is, its some sort of appetite supressant that works by absorbing water and expanding in your stomach to give you the feeling of satiety.

I looked at this article
    https://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/blogs/icymi/slim-fizz-s--gastric-band-in-a-glass----does-it-work-and-should-we-be-wary-092022423.html
    Not scientific by any means
    I noted.
    Most commonly used as a thickener in Japanese cooking due to its ability to absorb water, it’s a sugar made from the root of the konjac plant. When it’s used in weight loss aids as an appetite suppressant, it does much the same thing as it does in the kitchen, but this time inside your stomach, absorbing water and expanding into a soluble gel to form a ‘bulky fibre’ before being expelled via the, erm, usual route.

There are things to be cautious of. If you don’t drink enough water with glucomannan, for example, the fibre can literally clog up your digestive system, causing internal blockages and in rare cases, choking by blocking your throat.

There are also concerns it can make other medications ineffective and because it’s a fibre, suddenly increasing your intake of it by taking Slim-Fizz three times a day can also cause diarrhea, bloating and stomach pains. It could also be dangerous for people with diabetes as it can lower blood sugar levels. In short, as with most diet pills, it’s far from the simple skinny hack it presents itself as.
    “Most of us realise really that these type of diets are not sustainable on a long term basis and a balanced diet and appropriate exercise is the only realistic way of achieving a healthy weight loss,” says Mary George, of eating disorder charity Beat.

She warns that as with all diet pills, though, Slim-Fizz is likely to appeal to the vulnerable and the desperate.

“The claims that this type of product make can prey upon those who are desperately looking for any way in which to lose weight and can mistakenly believe that this is the answer,” she says.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Ok I had a look at what it is, its some sort of appetite supressant that works by absorbing water and expanding in your stomach to give you the feeling of satiety.

I looked at this article
    https://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/blogs/icymi/slim-fizz-s--gastric-band-in-a-glass----does-it-work-and-should-we-be-wary-092022423.html
    Not scientific by any means
    I noted.
    Most commonly used as a thickener in Japanese cooking due to its ability to absorb water, it’s a sugar made from the root of the konjac plant. When it’s used in weight loss aids as an appetite suppressant, it does much the same thing as it does in the kitchen, but this time inside your stomach, absorbing water and expanding into a soluble gel to form a ‘bulky fibre’ before being expelled via the, erm, usual route.

There are things to be cautious of. If you don’t drink enough water with glucomannan, for example, the fibre can literally clog up your digestive system, causing internal blockages and in rare cases, choking by blocking your throat.

There are also concerns it can make other medications ineffective and because it’s a fibre, suddenly increasing your intake of it by taking Slim-Fizz three times a day can also cause diarrhea, bloating and stomach pains. It could also be dangerous for people with diabetes as it can lower blood sugar levels. In short, as with most diet pills, it’s far from the simple skinny hack it presents itself as.
    “Most of us realise really that these type of diets are not sustainable on a long term basis and a balanced diet and appropriate exercise is the only realistic way of achieving a healthy weight loss,” says Mary George, of eating disorder charity Beat.

She warns that as with all diet pills, though, Slim-Fizz is likely to appeal to the vulnerable and the desperate.

“The claims that this type of product make can prey upon those who are desperately looking for any way in which to lose weight and can mistakenly believe that this is the answer,” she says.

Wow. :noway:

There are no quick fixes. calories in < calories out
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Eat at a calorie deficit to lose weight. There's no quick fix or magic pill.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Want to lose weight in a long term sustainable way? Change your habits and address what's causing you to overeat.

Want to lose a few pounds and yoyo up and down for the rest of your life whilst potentially putting your health at risk? Go ahead and try every new fad that comes along but don't moan about it when you put it all back on and then some when you fall of the wagon.
  • jackshumpypeach
    jackshumpypeach Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply and giving me some informative links to read.

I simply asked if anyone had tried it and what their experience was.

I am fully aware there is no quick fix and it's a lifestyle change for the long term when addressing weight loss, some quite patronising and judgey replies on here.

I thought the article made interesting reading and wondered if anyone could give me information on the product not an opinion of it.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    lcbarke2 wrote: »
    Read this on the Daily Mail this morning, going to order a tube and give it a go. I'm going on holiday in 10 days and want to lose a few pounds!

Snuck up on you did it :)
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply and giving me some informative links to read.

I am fully aware there is no quick fix and it's a lifestyle change for the long term when addressing weight loss, some quite patronising and judgey replies on here.

I thought the article made interesting reading and wondered if anyone could give me information on the product not an opinion of it.

Yup. Quite right. There aren't

Yet you still want information on something that pupports to be a quick fix and are surprised that people are facepalming
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I am fully aware there is no quick fix, I was just wondering if this was a quick fix.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Hmmm if it expands in you stomach to make you feel full, wouldn't a high fibre diet have the same effect?
  • 999tigger
    Options
    lcbarke2 wrote: »

The DM as a source of advice and guidance? If they get everyone to respond and buy one of their prodyct then they make millions even when people reliase it doesnt work. Thats the diet industry for you, preying on the gullible and desperate.
  • 999tigger
    Options

What people (people who have lost weight) are telling you isnt registering. This site has a policy of not promoting quick fixes.

What sort of information do you want?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=slim+fix+

• melodiarentsen
    melodiarentsen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    There is no point in being rude or ridiculing a person for asking a question. That's what a forum is for. When you make the person asking a question feel bad, does it make you feel good? There is a nice way to say something while still reflecting your opinion. Basically, what you are saying is, "You are so completely stupid. Of course, this is a scam, and you are ignorant for thinking it will help you." Be kind to one another. Losing weight is very hard, and we are all looking for ways to make it easier. I am not expressing my opinion here about this diet aid. I am stating that kindness comes back to you. It is too bad the anonymous nature of the Internet allows people to say things in a way that they would NEVER say them to someone's face.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options

Have you noticed that the ones, that are saying it's a bad idea are the one who are successful weight loss people? If you are fully aware that their is no quick fix, then why are you looking for information on the product?