Tea?

Options
2»

Replies

• chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    My office stays cold so I end up drinking tea all day as I can't do coffee without sugar/creamer. More than one cup of java really over does it for me on calories for the day. I really like the Bigelow Blueberry with Acai green tea and the pomegranate one mentioned. I also really like the peach herbal tea they make. Doesn't need any sweetener and taste a little like peach cobbler to me, plus it's caffeine free. Occasionally I'll have a cup of the raspberry black tea they sell too, which also doesn't need sweetener and is delicious!
  • themonstermash
    themonstermash Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Love chai tea by celestial. They have a number of different kinds. I add usually 1/4 cup of coconut milk and 3 packets of sweetner (which have 4 cals each...dont be fooled)
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I haven't really noticed tea helps with appetite, but I find a cup of strong black tea (chai, english breakfast, orange pekoe are my favourites) are great for waking up, pulling all-nighters, fighting off that mid-afternoon sleepiness, etc. I prefer chai with a 1/2 teaspoon of honey or a bit of sugar, but the others I prefer with just 1% milk.

So if you're wanting to avoid extra sweetener or cream, I'd say tea is a good idea. Tea is absolutely disgusting with cream, I once had that because someone mislabeled the container in the caf at school - yuck! You may also like it just black, I know people who do but I like ~1/4 cup of milk in black tea.

One tip I actually got from someone on mfp was a herbal tea in the evening when I want to snack mindlessly. It helps with the feeling of consuming something, and the smell/taste is soothing. I like chamomile or peppermint tea unsweetened, but a berry herbal tea I generally add a little bit of honey or sugar as well. I find it also helps me get ready to sleep.

I find green tea is a bit in the middle for me. I prefer green teas that are mixed with a fruit or another addition rather than just straight up green tea, and I don't put milk in them. I do like a bit of honey, but I also like them plain too. I know people who make green tea lattes though, but I'm not really a fan. It also has caffeine, so I think of it as more of a morning/mid-afternoon drink.

I am a really big tea drinker, I really love it. It's also absolutely fantastic in the winter when everything is frozen, haha. I still drink tea in the summer, but I really love how it warms me up from the inside during those really cold winter days.
  • mark6281991
    mark6281991 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like plain Ole green tea. I have 3 cups of it with my breakfast each morning. It took about a weeks to adjust to the flavor but I really enjoy it now. I'd take it over any other drink outside of water.