Veggie protein

Options
I need some ideas of high protein veggie foods/meal ideas.
Also what veggie snacks are best as I get hungry at about 11am everyday at work!!

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Aim for snacks that contain protein and fat to help satiety - e.g. cheese, peanut butter, Greek yoghurt.

In terms of high protein veggie foods, the following regularly feature in my diet:

eggs / egg whites
    cheese / cottage cheese
    Greek yoghurt
    milk
    Tofu
    Seitan / mock duck
    soya 'meat' products
    Quorn
    edamame
    whey powder
    nutritional yeast
    green vegetables
    nuts / seeds
    nut butters
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    also green peas, roasted chick peas, homemade oat bars, rice cakes with PB2 or peanut butter.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    For the first, put a search string something like [what are high protein vegetable sources] into your favorite search engine.
    This was my result with bing.
    Beans, nuts, and seeds are high in protein. Amaranth, quinoa, and (IIRC) teff (?) are too. Tofu & seitan are staples.

For the second, try having more protein for breakfast. Do you eat eggs, cheese, yogurt?
    Or have lunch a little earlier.
    Or plan a small early lunch and a small late lunch (maybe 3pm), then have dinner as normal at 6 or 7 pm.

Good snacks are any veggie, maybe dipped in some fat-free salad dressing, or hummus.
    Popcorn is actually very low-cal and it takes a while to eat, gives lots of mouth feel. It's the butter that's the
    problem, so if you want that taste sprinkle on some butter buds or spray it with butter-flavored cooking spray.
    Using herbs gives lots of flavor with no calories. Parmesan is great, but does add some calories.
  • themonstermash
    themonstermash Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    See my diary :)
    If you eat dairy & eggs those are good too.
  • jeneticir
    jeneticir Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Vegan here who gets plenty of protein from things such as chickpeas, lentils, seeds, nuts, beans, nut butters, vega protein powder and bars, clif builders bars (the chocolate hazelnut flavor is my fav), gardein mock meats, tofu, tempeh, seitan, falafal, boca vegan patties and larabars. Cutting out meats and animal products was the best thing I ever did for my health and fitness. You can get all the nutrients you need from plants! Another bonus was a healthy glow that I am complimented on all the time!