Loseing weight

Options
LaLaryssa
LaLaryssa Posts: 1 Member
I have been trying for about 2 years now to lose weight, does any body else struggle with motivation and energy?

Replies

• alexis1993xo
    alexis1993xo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do
  • Glends77
    Glends77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Busy lifestyle just working home get kids sorted then hard to find energy to do anything else
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Me too. I'm back to my starting weight...again.

Here's something I read on one of these forums a while back: "If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got." Or, the shorter version: "Nothing changes if nothing changes."

I'm looking back on the past few years trying to identify what caused me to drop off my program each time I failed. Is it my program? Am I being unrealistic with my goals? Am I making too many changes all at once? Am I forcing myself to eat in a way I don't like? Is it stress or unhappiness?

In my case, I think I've figured out that not getting good sleep is setting me up to fail. It seems that the day after a night of very little sleep, I crave sweets so strongly that the wheels come completely off my self discipline for that day and sometimes the next. Sometimes I blow the whole week and undo weeks of prior weight loss. The bad sleep is now an every night thing for me. I can't seem to go a single day without a major pastry pigout. I'm going to the doc.

To the OP: Don't feel like you're just incapable of losing weight. There are many ways to go about this. You just need to find your own way. Don't get too hung up on other peoples' so called rules.
  • Glends77
    Glends77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well said everyone is different and has different habits. I'm hoping the key is finding the triggers that make you undo the hard work and what you say 're lack of sleep makes perfect sense. For me I find the weekends very hard as I enjoy my wine but once wine is in then all self discipline is out and I have to much on crisps and snacks and undo a healthy week!!
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I do the wine thing on the weekends too, but in my case, my husband is present at those times. He is a master of the withering look of disdain which he aims at me when I eat ridiculously in front of him.

Actually, a shot or two or three of Jack Daniels late in the evening helps me get to sleep and actually sleep through the night. I suspect, in the long run, it's not a great plan, though.
  • LessofPenny
    LessofPenny Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Me too. I'm back to my starting weight...again.

Here's something I read on one of these forums a while back: "If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got." Or, the shorter version: "Nothing changes if nothing changes."

I'm looking back on the past few years trying to identify what caused me to drop off my program each time I failed. Is it my program? Am I being unrealistic with my goals? Am I making too many changes all at once? Am I forcing myself to eat in a way I don't like? Is it stress or unhappiness?

In my case, I think I've figured out that not getting good sleep is setting me up to fail. It seems that the day after a night of very little sleep, I crave sweets so strongly that the wheels come completely off my self discipline for that day and sometimes the next. Sometimes I blow the whole week and undo weeks of prior weight loss. The bad sleep is now an every night thing for me. I can't seem to go a single day without a major pastry pigout. I'm going to the doc.

To the OP: Don't feel like you're just incapable of losing weight. There are many ways to go about this. You just need to find your own way. Don't get too hung up on other peoples' so called rules.

I completely agree with this.....and it was helpful to me as well....so thank you for the question and also for this answer....