3rd Time's the Charm!

Options
CSantos07
CSantos07 Posts: 13 Member
I just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself, my name is Christine. I'm from Jersey. And this is my 3rd time around on MyFitnessPal.

The last two times I was on MyFitnessPal I had failed because my focus was wrong. It was all about losing weight, and being super strict on intake. Which affected me negatively, I not only lost weight, but I ended up gaining it all back and more because I felt super frustrated and binge eat on unhealthy foods. As a result, I ended up being depressed and I didn't love myself. How mean is that?

What makes this time different than the others is that I am now mentally strong, and ready to commit to healthy living, and if I lose some body fat in the process then its a WIN/WIN. My result of committing to and focusing on healthy living is that I feel cleaner, and lighter, and I have more energy. I am also not tired like I used to be. (I would go to bed at 1am, wake up at 7am take the kids to school, then go back to bed until 2pm, pick up the kids at school and then I'd be awake. Which sucked because I was sooo TIRED still!) Changing my focus and seeing my body and myself in a different way, more positive way, helped me a great deal. And my new attitude will be my success.

Sorry for the super long introduction! I suppose I had plenty to say, which is another thing because before I was super shy and kept to myself. Now though, I'm open to new friendships, new experiences, and new life. I hope we can be friends :smile:

Replies

• DottieGwinett70
    DottieGwinett70 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can't remember how many times I've started MyFitnessPal but this time I'm ready to get to my goal. Getting too old to mess around being overweight! Together we can make this work for us.
  • RosielovesArturo
    RosielovesArturo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new found focus! I too have come to a point in my life that health is more important than weight loss. I will be rooting for you in Brooklyn!
  • CSantos07
    Options
    I can't remember how many times I've started MyFitnessPal but this time I'm ready to get to my goal. Getting too old to mess around being overweight! Together we can make this work for us.

That's the right attitude! We can make it work. :smiley:
  • CSantos07
    Options
    Congrats on your new found focus! I too have come to a point in my life that health is more important than weight loss. I will be rooting for you in Brooklyn!

Thank you! I'll be rooting for you too in Jersey!
  • Tawzergrrl
    Tawzergrrl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love your determination! It doesn't matter how many times we fall, it only matters is that you pick yourself up every time! You can do this!
  • CSantos07
    Options
    Tawzergrrl wrote: »
    I love your determination! It doesn't matter how many times we fall, it only matters is that you pick yourself up every time! You can do this!

Aww thank you! I completely agree, as long as one never gives up on themselves there's no way they can fail!
  • Raevynne
    Raevynne Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Hope this time around works for you. Feel free to add me :)