What is your favorite healthy treat?

Options
AngelaAlario
AngelaAlario Posts: 46 Member
edited July 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I need some inspiration. What healthy foods do you enjoy when you're looking for a sweet treat or salty snack?

My favorites so far include: guacamole and tortilla chips (very satisfying), a frozen banana blended with a cup of milk (it really does taste like a milk shake!), and antipasto w/ a few olives, small piece of cheese, roasted red peppers, and maybe some pickled veggies.

I'm looking for some real food options. Not prepackaged snacks or foods that use fake substitutes. Thanks!

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Pizza.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Pizza.

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    ybewwuo4rte7.jpg
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Smoked salmon is really good if you are craving something salty :)
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    My two favs right now are: carrots and Laughing Cow french onion cheese and vanilla greek yogurt with blackberries.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Berries.

And peaches right now. They're so good this year!
  • belle_reve9
    belle_reve9 Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Apples and PB2!
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Anything that fits my calorie/macro/micro goals is my favorite healthy treat. And chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.

OHhhhHHH SNAP IIFYM man never heard of that!!! ....

Frozen grapes are awesome like little freezes... all frozen fruit really is amazing to me.
  • youmeandthesea
    youmeandthesea Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Marketside Guacamole (individual packet) with Calidad tortilla chips :) Heavenly!
  • TheChangeIsNow
    TheChangeIsNow Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Frozen green grapes! Especially during the summer!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    We have quite similar taste, it seems. I blend banana and milk with 1) PB or hazelnut butter and cocoa, or 2) berries or fruit. Cheese (brie, gorgonzola, roquefort, etc) and fruit (grapes, pear), maybe nuts. Greek yogurt, nuts or nut butter, maple syrup or honey. Cold meat and pickled cucumber. Crispbread w/smoked herring or salmon. Tuna or ham salad (+onion, chopped fine, salt,pepper, mayo). Fruit and nut butter (pear+almond/cashew, orange/apple+peanut). Dried fruit (raisins, dates, apricots). Or fresh fruit - far too many to name.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Some of my favs...
    • Plain greek yogurt with defrosted frozen berries and a little granola.
    • An apple with ricotta cheese (or PB)
    • Cottage cheese and pineapple
    • Turkey and cheese wrapped in romaine leaves
    • Lightly steamed long green beans seasoned with garlic salt and eaten chilled as a snack.
    • Roasted okra
    • Roasted veggies (brussel sprouts, carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, etc.), chilled and eaten cold...good added to sandwiches too.
    • Pumpkin, apple, banana, oatmeal protein bars
    • Chocolate avocado pudding
    • Homemade fruit popcicles
    • Frozen grapes and frozen pitted cherries
    • Hard boiled egg (I make them on the weekend for the following week)
    • Nuts, seeds, fruit, dried fruit, etc.
    • Smoothies, green, green/fruit, or just fruit. I love to blend almond milk with frozen pineapple and a little vanilla, or blend half a banana with a few strawberries and some milk and ice (reminds of Nestles strawberry quik)

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    chocolate banana "ice cream" , mug brownies with peanut butter on top , fruit salad, honey dates
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    - cheddar cheese and pickles sliced in half.
    - oatmeal with some peanut butter and chopped fruit
    - Trader Joe's peanut butter pretzels, unless I eat too many of them. They're so good crushed on top of frozen yogurt
    - mixed nuts
    - dates and almonds
    - baba ganoush with rice cakes or sliced veggies
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot porridge! Oatmeal, polenta, tapioka, semolina. With butter.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I need some inspiration. What healthy foods do you enjoy when you're looking for a sweet treat or salty snack?

My favorites so far include: guacamole and tortilla chips (very satisfying), a frozen banana blended with a cup of milk (it really does taste like a milk shake!), and antipasto w/ a few olives, small piece of cheese, roasted red peppers, and maybe some pickled veggies.

I'm looking for some real food options. Not prepackaged snacks or foods that use fake substitutes. Thanks!

I personally love popchips for my salt cravings. Yes, they are prepackaged, but I find a double serving satisfies me for under 400mg of sodium and under 300 cals. On a day I have extra calories for it, I can eat a whole bag and feel full and not feel guilty about it.

For other snacks I love- apples and peanut butter, diced tomatoes with diced string cheese (sometimes with black olives), or olives.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Sweet : Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares

Salty: Popcorn - I use a mircrowave bowl with just a bit of oil (helps toppings stick). Sweet Chili Rice cakes are good too.