What is your favorite healthy treat?

Options

Replies

• ThatMouse
    ThatMouse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with blueberries right now - the ones that are really sweet and crunchy. I'd eat a whole clam shell if they weren't so damn expensive.

Salty wise, call me crazy, but I'm on a kale-chip kick right now. I've got my dehydrator out a lot recently for kale chips. Gotta try making some kale chips with powdered king oyster mushroom as seasoning, though. I think that would be absolutely amazing.
  • TranFitness
    TranFitness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Caramel rice cake or light salty rice cake with white chocolate peanut butter on top .
  • roselemonade
    roselemonade Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I like caramel corn rice cakes--or is that a "fake substitute" according to you? Though you say you like pickled veggies but don't want "prepackaged snacks..." though maybe you're making all your own olives and pickles, who knows.

I'm not really a salty snack person, but pickle roll-ups are nice for the occasional craving. Spread a little cream cheese (or Laughing Cow type if you want even lower calories) on a slice of ham, roll that around 1/4 or 1/3 of a pickle (sliced lengthwise,) then cut into bites like sushi. Very low-cal, a little trashy, but really nice on a warm summer day.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    • Banana with PB
    • Apple with PB
    • Rice cakes with PB or PB2 depending on calories left for the day
    • 100 calorie bag of microwave popcorn
    • Deli meat rollups
    • Trail mix (Planters NUTrition chocolate nut protein mix)
    • Blueberries
    • Strawberries
    • Bing cherries
    • Asparagus drizzled with olive oil and salt and pepper
    • Cheddar cheese and grapes
    • Oatmeal with flaxseed
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    -Greek yogurt with a drizzle of Hershey syrup and some fat-free redi-whip
    -crackers and cheese
    -protein smoothie is a new favorite
    -ice cream (not being smart-i try to get tons of calcium and ice cream or froyo is a favorite
    -watermelon
    -carrots and avocado
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    strawberries + grapes or blueberries. There are these quinoa bars that I really like, too.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Peanut M&M's.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Peanut M&M's.

And snickers for me! It seriously fills me up. It's a go-to when I'm out of the house and need something to hold me for a while
  • 18JessieS
    18JessieS Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Strawberries with lemon juice squeezed on it! Tastes just like candy
  • ragtopmama
    ragtopmama Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Banana with chocolate PB2, vanilla chai tea with equal and creamer
  • Xanifur
    Xanifur Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Raw almonds
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Hummus with lemon cucumbers.
  • Jaszibella
    Jaszibella Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Half cup of low fat ice cream with frozen fruit on top, could add light cool whip and sugar free syrup...cut watermelon in half and eat it with a spoon, yogurt parfaits with granola and frozen fruits
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    White Nectarines.....yummmm!!!!
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    sweet treat = chobani simply 100 yogurt strawberry yogurt with fresh raspberries
    salty treat = Duke's shorty sausage beef jerky and a stick of cheddar cheese + pretzels
    (or) chips & salsa
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I need some inspiration. What healthy foods do you enjoy when you're looking for a sweet treat or salty snack?

My favorites so far include: guacamole and tortilla chips (very satisfying), a frozen banana blended with a cup of milk (it really does taste like a milk shake!), and antipasto w/ a few olives, small piece of cheese, roasted red peppers, and maybe some pickled veggies.

I'm looking for some real food options. Not prepackaged snacks or foods that use fake substitutes. Thanks!

I love cashew milk salted carmel frozen desert. I am lactose intolerant and I have yet to find a variety of flavors of ice cream made with lactose free milk (just Breyers vanilla and chocolate).
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    chocolate banana "ice cream"

Tell me more!
  • zaxx1953
    zaxx1953 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Homemade shakes with 1% milk, natural peanut butter, a preferred whey vanilla supplement and fresh banana.

It's literally better than a shake from steak and shake.

Lots and lots of great calories for after a workout..
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    at the moment i freeze my fruits..so yummie I eat them frozen...they are like candy/little ice creams.