New! Finally getting serious!

Options
Hi everyone, my name's Laura. I'm in my mid 20s and my metabolism hit a brick wall about a year ago, and I gained about 30 pounds. It's yo-yoed with a little effort, but I'm ready to start interacting with some like-minded people and take responsibility for my diet and health. I'm an RN and leaving in 2 weeks to spend the summer as a camp nurse, my goal is to drop 20 lbs by September. I am optimistic that I'll have plenty of opportunity to have fun outside, learn a ton, and that the total lack of tv and booze will help my efforts. Looking forward to talking to you all!

Replies

• JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's a great place to be. Lots of support and motivation here. You can do this, stay focused on the end results. I have lost 87 pounds in 10 months with the help of MFP and my wonderful friends here. Feel free to add me as a friend, we can help support and motivate each other. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • Bub3les0
    Bub3les0 Posts: 47
    Options
    Welcome, this site is grest for keeping motivated. Feel free to send a friend request, and good luck!
  • Shelli_G
    Shelli_G Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend as well. We can motivate each other. I'm re-committing myself to a healthy weight loss and eating. I didn't have the motivation and support before, but now I'm going to be disciplined and stick to this!! :D
  • BobertC
    BobertC Posts: 123
    Options
    Welcome.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You can do it! Everyone here is supportive and full of great info. Add me if you'd like :)
  • Fraileya19
    Fraileya19 Posts: 42
    Options
    Welcome! I am new as well.. gained 34lbs in 2 years, yikes! Time to get this weight off and keep it off!