40's shout out -- real people wanted.

Options
2»

Replies

• kscarf1
    kscarf1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and I've been on and off MFP for a year or two. I am finally pushing myself to get healthy and stay healthy because of my family history of diabetes. I'm 17 pounds down and 83 to go. I hate exercise but I am starting to see it as a necessary evil. I started walking 15 minutes a day and after two weeks I had plantar fasciitis and a stress fracture in my left foot. So I am currently completely sedentary other than doing physical therapy exercises for my foot. When I start exercising "normally" again I am thinking of just doing the stationary cycle a few times a week. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE food. But I finally understand that if I don't cut back on sugar and other carbs, I'll become diabetic, at which time I'll have to cut back on sugar and other carbs anyway, PLUS I'll be diabetic. So I'm making a lifelong commitment to being healthier.

Anyway, I am always looking for more MFP friends to share the journey with, so feel free to add me as a friend. Best of luck to you!
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I am also in my 40s, I am an Early Childhood Educator and have also been on MFP on and off for many years. MFP has helped me a lot in the past. However, I lost my groove and gained back everything I lost and more. :( I'm back again, back in a groove, walking, trying to jog and trying to eat less crap. Trying to take back my health.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    45 here! Starting to enjoy working out ~ but just a little :) Feel free to add me!
  • Juniper1221
    Juniper1221 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    42 F here. Struggle with working out as well but once I do have fun with it. Just getting back to MFP after a long absence and am also looking for support. Love it if you added me!
  • momoffour2013
    momoffour2013 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 tomorrow . I know the struggles. Feel free to add me . Always happy to encourage and take it too :)
  • Carlenemarie34
    Carlenemarie34 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, and I understand completely. I deal with Fibromyalgia and it's a day to day weightloss goal for me. I determined to lose weight and keep it off this time.