Anyone trying to lose "the last 10 pounds"

Options
Well really....I only have about 2 pounds left (because I keep going up and down each day) but I know the last couple pounds are the hardest. Anyone else, "almost there"? I'd like to know what you are doing? I've noticed that the closer I am to goal and maintaining, I seem to fluctuate more.

Replies

• tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    omg since getting to goal last nov i have gone up and down constantly by as much as 14 pounds. this week i am 10 stone 1 pound, but two weeks ago i was 4 pounds heavyer. i need to get back to around 9 and half stone. maintance is a *****!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    omg since getting to goal last nov i have gone up and down constantly by as much as 14 pounds. this week i am 10 stone 1 pound, but two weeks ago i was 4 pounds heavyer. maintance is a *****!

It's been driving me crazy! I feel ya!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I'm working on my last 10.... 9.5 to go... still going down with just clean eating, strength training and HIIT cardio. We will see what happens as I get there as I'm nervous my progress is going to come to a screeching halt soon! :noway:
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i'm 4lbs away from goal weight...and i fluctuate by 2lbs...it drives me nuts

i'm not happy with my body still so considering taking my goal weight down by another 7lbs and seeing if that helps
  • whateverdamnit
    Options
    I did it and then blew it because I went on a one-month holiday. :/ So I'm back on here, trying to reach my goal again!
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose that last 10 for over a year. It is not going anywhere. Every last ounce is hanging on for dear life. I have tried upping calories, lowering calories, reducing carbs, upping protein, higher intensity workouts, lower intensity, strength. NOTHING is working (I've tried each for a least a month each) My clothes still fit the same....it is so freakin frustrating!
  • ChitownFoodie
    Options
    It's irritating because maintenance calories are only 1330 because I'm short....so eating even a little over throws my weight off. Blah!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm one pound from my original goal, and six from my "wouldn't that be awesome" goal.

Currently have the calories set to lose .5# a week, but also gave myself this past weekend "off" from logging and exercise. Normally, I run a minimum of three miles 4x a week, and do EA Active Sports 2's 9 Week Challenge 4x a week, and give myself one weekend day off from exercise & logging.
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    the last bit of weight is sooooo much harder than looseing when you start out.driving me insane having so few calouries a day!
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    yes, grrrr, plateau time, - but gonna work hard and eat well and not give up!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Yup. I have 7lbs to go to my original target, but I think I am going to want to lose more once I get there.
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I'm 11 pounds away from my goal weight. I've been pretty consistant this year - lost 25 pounds since January 1st. The pounds definitley came off more quickly at first, but I'm thrilled with my results so far. I've been doing MFP the whole time. Eating a slightly higher protein / lower carb diet - definitely nothing drastic though - I tweaked the normal MFP diet settings to be 45% carb / 35% protein / 20% fat. I've also been working out really hard - doing HIIT, cardio, spin, weights, running, bikram yoga - workout out 5-6 times per week for an hour per day.

I recently read Tom Venuto's book, Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle, and am on week 2 of his eating program. I haven't changed my number of calories per day - just when I eat them. I eat 5 meals per day - each 3 hours a part - and there must be protein and carbs in each meal. Cutting out all sweets, sodas, and as much processed food as possible.

*Hopefully* these last 10 pounds will continue to come off 1 - 1.5 pounds per week, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about it!
  • twentysixpointtwo
    Options
    I'm close and was having a hard time, I customized my mfp goals, adjusting the protein higher, carbs slightly lower. I also dropped my calories by about 100/day because I gained on maintenance. I am training for a half marathon, but recently added 30DS. I work out 5 days a week-5 running and 4 30DS. We will see how that goes for a bit...
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I'm close and was having a hard time, I customized my mfp goals, adjusting the protein higher, carbs slightly lower. I also dropped my calories by about 100/day because I gained on maintenance. I am training for a half marathon, but recently added 30DS. I work out 5 days a week-5 running and 4 30DS. We will see how that goes for a bit...

I SO want to run a half marathon!
  • elbertiscool
    elbertiscool Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's more like the last 15 for me. I've lost 100 pounds but I really want to get to that next level! As a guy, you really want that six pack! I've switched up my workouts but I'm finding it truly is about changing your diet. That's been the toughest part for me!
  • ChitownFoodie
    Options
    So I did P90x twice and Insanity once....this is my second round of Insanity. I've added taking flights (40 total) of stairs 5 days a week. I can't figure out what else I can squeeze into my time. I eat around 100 grams of carbs and protein a day. I think I need to just stck with it for a little while and see what happens.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    uh, yup! I was down to my last 2 pounds 2 weeks ago, then this weekend happened and I'm currently up 4!!! That's what happens when you're short (4'11.5), grrrr :explode: Just gonna hit it hard from here on out. I have no prob with exercise, I just tend to overindulge during parties :blushing:
    Good luck to you!!!
  • ChitownFoodie
    Options
    uh, yup! I was down to my last 2 pounds 2 weeks ago, then this weekend happened and I'm currently up 4!!! That's what happens when you're short (4'11.5), grrrr :explode: Just gonna hit it hard from here on out. I have no prob with exercise, I just tend to overindulge during parties :blushing:
    Good luck to you!!!

Im 4'11"!! I love exercise, but live food more. So irritating and frustrating!
  • smiler1978
    smiler1978 Posts: 28
    Options
    Ditto - i could cry x
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!!!

Im 4'11"!! I love exercise, but live food more. So irritating and frustrating!

Yes, I LOVE food too, lol!! :love: