daily nutrition

Options
So today I went 5 a personal trainer at my gym. He made this triangle for me at the point was cardio, in the middle was nutrition and and the bottom was resistance training. He told me I need fats in the morning and at night. Protein all throughout the day and to keep carbs in the middle for lunch or snacks. Can anyone help me out and give me healthy ideas of foods that would go along in each category? If it makes a difference I am 107 lbs 4 feet 10 inches tall and with a bmi of 30% my goal is to get that bmi cut nearly in half. And I exercise 3-4 times a week. Thank you to anyone that helps out!!!

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Just eat macros at whatever time. It doesn't matter.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Just eat macros at whatever time. It doesn't matter.

Yup. No need for the complication.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Timing is irrelevant.
    Protein: Greek yogurt, meat, eggs, cheese, milk, beans.
    Fats: Avocado, nuts, oils.
    Carbs: cheesecake :smiley:
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Timing is irrelevant.

OMG, cheesecake. Thanks, Lis.
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    A couple things - do you mean body fat is 30% and you want 15%? Your BMI is at 22 with is healthy. To get to 15 would put you at 85 lbs and severely underweight. Also, unless your personal trainer has nutrition training (which many don't), I would question taking advice from him, especially given what you were told. You need fat, protein and carbs, but it doesn't matter when you eat them throughout the day. The only one would be to get some protein within a couple hours after strength training.
  • emodavis
    emodavis Posts: 44 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    mom2kpr wrote: »
    A couple things - do you mean body fat is 30% and you want 15%? Your BMI is at 22 with is healthy. To get to 15 would put you at 85 lbs and severely underweight. Also, unless your personal trainer has nutrition training (which many don't), I would question taking advice from him, especially given what you were told. You need fat, protein and carbs, but it doesn't matter when you eat them throughout the day. The only one would be to get some protein within a couple hours after strength training.

<3<3<3

Yes.
  • breabood
    breabood Posts: 9 Member
    Options

He told me that for my age that bmi is very high my goal is to be at 100lbs
  • breabood
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Timing is irrelevant.

Thank you ! Cheese cake is my weekness!!! Haha
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    breabood wrote: »

no - your bmi is not very high. your body fat is not very high, either. you are only looking to lose 7 lbs.
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    There is no link between age and BMI, I think you're personal trainer might be FOS.
  • breabood
    Options
    sandylion wrote: »
    There is no link between age and BMI, I think you're personal trainer might be FOS.

I'm starting to think so too
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    breabood wrote: »

Go to this website & put in your stats to see for yourself. No one should have a BMI of 15. For your height 95lbs - 115lbs is within a healthy BMI range.
    http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    sandylion wrote: »

FOS fo sho
    for a 4'10'' at 107 on the U.S. Department of Health and Services website, it says you have a 22.4 BMI. WELL within the ranges of a healthy woman. I don't know your age, but He is definitely FOS, and wants to sound smart and important.
  • breabood
    Options
    Wow thank you all I kept looking at myself in the mirror after he said that that and pointing out my chubby spots he made it seem like I was fat. I am no where near fat thank you for reassuring me
  • breabood
    Options
    Definitely think I'm gonna cancel my next appointment with him