Baby weight!

Options
Hello all! I've been in MFP for several years now but was off for a while when I was pregnant. Got to get rid of that pesky baby weight! I gained about 45 and have lost 30ish so far but would like to lost another 20. Am also breastfeeding so t makes it tricky! My calories are higher than my previous goals but it is working so far. Could use some I encouragement and inspiration and will do the same in return! Any new mommas out there?

Replies

• kirinsingh
    kirinsingh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! :)
    I'm a new mom with a little 3 month old girl. I am also wanting to lose my baby weight - I just need the motivation, energy and time! And the right work out plan! Exclusively breastfeeding with 10kgs to lose.
    I was looking for a good postpartum workout dvd or plan - what have you been doing?
  • Christygogo
    Christygogo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Mostly walking with little girl so far (3.5 month old). Just starting to incorporate my old DVDs back in but nothing postpartum specific. A lot of yoga DVDs and les mills combat is in my current rotation. I had a fairly easy birth so taking it slow at this point isn't really the problem it's finding the time!! I'm exclusively pumping about 40 ounces a day right now so that is a lot of calories too, just trying to not make that amount fall by doing to much to fast.
  • shameika134
    shameika134 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I had a baby in December and am trying to loose some weight. I was exclusively breastfeeding but I just started introducing some solids. This app says I should eat 1200 calories a day. Should I increase it by 300 to 400 calories because of breastfeeding?
  • Christygogo
    Christygogo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yes! You can lose your supply if you cut to drastically. My goal has been 1800/day and I've lost 40 pounds with that. Though I exclusively pump about 40 ounces/day so "they" say you burn about 20cals per ounce, that's 800 extra calories a day!
  • shmyrs
    shmyrs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi! Also working on losing the last of the baby weight. My third child is 3.5 months old and i have about 20 more to lose. Add me!