Drinking and wanting to lose weight?!

Options
I've been under a lot of stress lately and started drinking again 4 months ago after 13 1/2 years of sobriety!!! Can anyone help motivate and give some support.... Both w losing weight and drinking too much??

Replies

• emodavis
    emodavis Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Got yourself to something like AA. Find a healthy outlet for your stress. Meetings, therapy, exercise.

I'm from a family of alcoholics. You won't quit until you're ready. Why do you want to stop?
  • drregina885
    drregina885 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have trouble with staying away from things I bring in the house whether that be chips, alcohol or tobacco. I just can't bring it home. Don't buy it.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Learn to love exercising..find yourself a good gym, start lifting. Eat right...good stress relief. Drinking isn't a good stress relief as much as you'd like to believe it is..whatever was bothering you before always bites you in the *kitten* the next day. At least exercising helps you tackle your problems..
  • darkcrow13
    darkcrow13 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thks everybody for the great advice!! I love to exercise when I do and I definetly don't want to be doing it for no gain?? I'm on a referral list to an addictions counselling program so hopefully it's not a long wait?! Thks again!!!