What the heck should I eat now?

Options
tusher2011
tusher2011 Posts: 201 Member
I just logged my dinner for the day. I am over for carbs by 3g. But I still have 70+g of protein to eat. What the heck do I eat?? I don't eat meat and I am not even that hungry right now...just had a huge salad for dinner. I guess PB? But that will put me over on carbs even more. Oh and I still have 463 calories to go today!!

We were at the pool all afternoon and I never have much of an appetite when I'm out in the sun all day, so everything is all messed up foodwise. I did drink plenty of water though:) Should I try and get more calories in today?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese? Eggs?
  • tusher2011
    Options
    No cottage cheese and eggs...the thought of eating them right now makes me wanna gag. And I love eggs!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    No cottage cheese and eggs...the thought of eating them right now makes me wanna gag. And I love eggs!

Haha! I was about to say cottage cheese or eggs. Got milk?! I drink almond milk or a protein shake to up my protein
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Have you changed your settings for Carbs, Protein and Fat then the original formula MFP gives you? I find the numbers tend to be way off. Perhaps you need to double check and see if they are at the %'s you need. I personally have 40% carbs and then 30 and 30 for Protein and fat.

You don't eat any meat does that also include Dairy?

I find I will have liberte greek yogurt 1 serving has 20g of protein
    Quinoa
    Hummus and Veggies
  • tusher2011
    Options
    Good idea. I guess I'll have a drink of my pure protein shake a little later!
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    Tuna fish??? High in protein...Or a peanut butter on celery..
  • agpatter2
    agpatter2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Got Popcorn?
  • agpatter2
    Options
    Oops! Sorry...I was thinking fiber and not protein.
  • grammymelPolly
    Options
    I learned to eat cottage cheese by mixing 2 Tbs. of it with 1 hard boiled egg and mashing it and add a little vinegar. It taste like egg salad with out the mayo. You just need to get by the thought of cottage cheese, now I love it with fruit.
  • agpatter2
    Options
    Sounds good. I WILL try this soon. Maybe breakfast.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Good idea. I guess I'll have a drink of my pure protein shake a little later!
    This is what I do when my protein is too low and I'm not hungry.
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Muscle Milk (1 scoop), 1/2 a bananna, 6 oz. (Unsweetened) Almond Milk, five ice cubes, put in blender, and you may get addicted. All for about 230 calories, and TONS (28g) of protein, and super YUM!
  • steph5565
    steph5565 Posts: 36
    Options
    Or, if you're not hungry anymore, trust your body instead of MFP and don't eat anything else. Maybe in the future add some meat or cheese to the salad to boost the protein count. I've found that MFP is a great guide, but it's also important to not look at it in absolutes. If you're not hungry, well then you're not hungry!
  • Yvanna
    Yvanna Posts: 4
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it so much, it does not need to be a perfect balance every day. have your smoothie if you feel like a snack and keep on track tomorrow and the next day and look at your averages over the week and see how the pattern is.