4 teaspoons Splenda No Calorie Sweetener
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
1 pinch salt
2 tablespoons fat free milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon Gerber 2nd Foods applesauce

PREPARATION:

Mix all dry ingredients. Add milk, vanilla extract and applesauce until well blended. Spray a microwave-safe cup with cooking spray. Pour the batter into the cup.

Microwave at full power for 1 minute. Depending upon the strength of your microwave and shape of your cup or container, you may need to cook the cake longer in 15 second increments until done.

As long as you don't overcook it, it won't turn rubbery. Since it contains no eggs, you don't have to worry about salmonella with the short cooking time. Also, the cake will puff up so don't fill a very small container. It needs some room to rise.

It's not a fancy cake but when you eat it warm with fat free whipped cream, low calorie ice cream or a low calorie chocolate glaze, it tastes pretty good.

You can change the flavor of the cake by adding drops of various extracts: almond, mint, etc.

1 "cup"cake = 1 serving = 74 calories :)

Enjoy!

Replies

• ecaz
    ecaz Posts: 115
    Options
    sounds good
  • sosborne73
    sosborne73 Posts: 106
    Options
    Sounds pretty good.
  • klf82
    klf82 Posts: 9
    Options
    Wow that sounds delicious!
  • Melimonkey
    Melimonkey Posts: 34
    Options
    Sounds very good
  • otm25
    otm25 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    where do you find all of these yummy recipes?? i will definitely try this one. thanks for sharing it. :flowerforyou:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I am soooo going to try this! so many times I make a box mix for cupcakes then I end up with 24 of them and even after the kids and hubby have some I'm "stuck" eating them for days just so they don't go to waste!

nice way to have a treat with no leftovers!

thanks for sharing!
  • ShinyFraga
    ShinyFraga Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    where do you find all of these yummy recipes?? i will definitely try this one. thanks for sharing it. :flowerforyou:
    I actually just scour the internet for recipes that sound yummy, and then I alter them to fit my tastes and be low calorie. and sometimes I just use recipes I find to give me inspiration, and I create the recipes all on my own. :smile: I'm finding I really love creating new and yummy foods! who knew?! :laugh:
  • runningsky
    runningsky Posts: 1
    Options
    I will definitely have to try this out. I love baking it is such a weakness of mine. It's so hard not to try what you are baking. Like tonight I made gooey brownies and The best Chocolate chip cookies. my own recipe.
  • misslyssx
    misslyssx Posts: 87
    Options
    Seeing the 1 minute part made me need to see this. I hate cooking for long periods of time, and this sounds pretty good!
  • kdet07
    kdet07 Posts: 117
    Options
    bump :o)
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    The calorie count on this is wrong. The two tablespoons of flour already equal 110 calories.
  • Debbiecastor
    Options
    Sounds very good!! Kind of nice to be able to whip something up just for me!! Thanks!!:drinker:
  • ShinyFraga
    ShinyFraga Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    The calorie count on this is wrong. The two tablespoons of flour already equal 110 calories.
    according to the database, as well as the nutritional info on the package of Great Value all purpose flour, 2 tablespoons of flour is 50 calories.
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Saving this for later! Thanks!
  • YVL93
    YVL93 Posts: 121
    Options
    bump
  • katt0628
    katt0628 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsCupCakeBoyle
    MrsCupCakeBoyle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sunnysmile
    sunnysmile Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Can you use any kind of applesauce? I assume it doesn't need to be baby food apple sauce?

I looked up flour, it's 110 calories for 1/4 cup of flour and there are 4 tablespoons in a 1/4 cup of flour (I think). So 55 calories for 2 tbs is correct for general, all purpose flour.

This sounds like fun.