Could you tell me if this exercise plan is enough?

I study Monday-Friday and it involves movement classes (yoga/pilates/cardio/strength), and although I love it, it's absolutely exhausting when I try to throw exercise into the mix (also waitress). I've been doing regular Barre classes for 8 months and my body has become very muscular and toned - but because of overindulging in my eating, I haven't lost any weight and am looking very curvy (feeling very heavy and overloaded with my body at the moment). I'm strong and more muscular but my goal is to lose around 10 kg's of body fat. I've done so much training but look almost overweight. I've decided to stick to eating 1,200 calories a day, and here is my weekly exercise plan:

2 Barre classes, 1 Pilates class, 1 Hour long run, 30 minutes of interval sprinting w/ resistance sets

With the calorie deficit method is this enough? I just want to lose 10kg's in a year or less. Any suggestions would be amazing.

Replies

• RyanPed
    RyanPed Posts: 10 Member
    Google BMI calculator. 20% lower is a safe weight loss caloric intake.
  • RyanPed
    Sorry google BMR
  • katekits
    katekits Posts: 4 Member
    RyanPed wrote: »
    Google BMI calculator. 20% lower is a safe weight loss caloric intake.
    I've checked BMI - at the moment I'm right up the high end of healthy (almost overweight), 10kg's lighter is still a very healthy weight :)

• katekits
    Sorry google BMR

1,200 calories is good for me - don't feel hungry, it's enough food - it's just the binging that gets me, which hopefully this will help put a stop to. More concerned about whether that's enough exercise to see results.
  • RyanPed
    I don't harp on my weight, I like to use measurements. Start meal prepping for the week it keeps me on track
  • katekits
    I don't harp on my weight, I like to use measurements. Start meal prepping for the week it keeps me on track

Food wise I'm not too worried - I love eating healthily and have planned the week! More concerned with the exercise part - I like classes but can't stand running etc.

• DoogCampbell
    DoogCampbell Posts: 53 Member
    Looks like a good exercise mix. As well as considering the calorie deficit, think about the composition of what your are eating. Lower carb/higher protein mix may let you sustain the muscle but lose the fat. Dropping protein won't spare the muscle as much if you wanted to slim down there as well. I'd suggest since so much of your exercise is cardio as opposed to pure lifting that a decent streak of carbs throughout is going to be necessary but you could think about cycling these through the week to allow for fat loss and recovery. At a base level energy in vs out is a great way to start on a reduction plan but don't underestimate the benefits of the hormone response.

From my own experience, I always go low carb when I want to lose fat, but it can be brutal if you are training regularly. Its also not something you would want to keep up long term so if you are doing this over a year or so then consider playing with the combination and experimenting over time within your 1200 calorie budget.
  • RyanPed
    eyd88a86ob83.jpg
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    I'd do more protein then. Maybe even up to 1300-1400.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Please read this:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

For your activity level, 1200 is painfully low and you will burn out quickly - not a way to put a stop to binging, trust me. To get 1200 here on MFP you would have had to tell it that you are sedentary, and you should've picked highly active. I would run your numbers again.