Over it!!

Options
magz80
magz80 Posts: 22 Member
edited July 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
So back to my starting weight!!!lost 900 grams to start with. Gained 300 back after watching and writing everything down. Second week on went 600 gms. So gonna stop writing stuff down. So frustrating

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    magz80 wrote: »
    So back to my starting weight!!!lost 900 grams to start with. Gained 300 back after watching and writing everything down. Second week on went 600 gms. So gonna stop writing stuff down. So frustrating

Education my friend. Education about weight loss.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

Just to be clear ... you're quitting over what is well within the range of normal, daily fluctuations? Over less than 1kg (2.2 lbs)?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    If it only took two weeks, everyone would be thin. You're obviously not ready and or willing to put the work in.
  • i6Shot
    i6Shot Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Find an eating and exercise plan and stick to it.

Don't weigh yourself but do take a measuring tape and measure your thighs, arms, chest and waist. Document these and repeat every fortnight.

No point in quitting because you will be unhappy.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

Everyone's weight fluctuates by a few pounds (or kilograms) every single day. it's probably best if you don't weigh yourself on a regular basis. What you should be weighing is all of your solid food, and logging that. As long as you stick to your calorie deficit, you will lose weight, have no doubt. It will take longer than a week or two, for sure. You should only expect to lose 1-2 lbs per week.

read the first post in this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Takes a lot longer than a few weeks! Keep at it, those are normal fluctuations.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    You still lost over a pound...600 grams.

Get used to it...your weight will go up and down depending on many things. I will stabilize over time.

I gain some days...don't lose for 2 weeks...at the end of the month I have been losing over 7lbs.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    You cannot get upset over this. It's normal day to day fluctuations. Stop weighing in so often, start logging consistently and precisely (using a food scale) and the weight will come off.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't weigh myself every day. Too many fluctuations!
    I made the mistake of weighing the morning after having Chinese for dinner. I was up 3kgs due to all that sodium. It disappeared after a few days.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I say this a lot but if you don't have any patience or realistic expectations you are always going to be frustrated. And not logging isn't the answer.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    If it only took two weeks, everyone would be thin. You're obviously not ready and or willing to put the work in.

When you are ready, your determination will surprise you. Hopefully that will happen soon.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I honestly thought this was a post from someone who had been doing this for eight months, lost 40 lbs but was just sick of the whole process and needed someone to talk her down!! Was really looking forward to some cool responses!
  • motorola10
    motorola10 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Don't quit
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    We all,most, feel like quitting sometimes. I had a touch of the diet fatigues a few weeks ago, but I refuse to give up and make all the hard work I've put into losing weight be for nothing!! So I'm back on the wagon again.

If you truly want to lose weight, then you will put in the effort to achieve your goal. The sooner you start putting in 100%, the sooner you'll be rid of the weight.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,233 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

1) Writing??

2) You've only been doing this for 2 weeks ... it takes longer than that to start losing weight at a relatively steady rate AND even then, there will be lots of ups and downs.

Just relax, be patient, and stick with it.

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Nvm
  • magz80
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

1) Writing??

2) You've only been doing this for 2 weeks ... it takes longer than that to start losing weight at a relatively steady rate AND even then, there will be lots of ups and downs.

Just relax, be patient, and stick with it.
    i understand what your saying. Ive been loosing weight on my own for 8 weeks before writing it down.

• magz80
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Just had one of those...... really moments. Im gonna put the scale away and keep at it.