I'm Not Hungry!!!

Options
Jazzart
Jazzart Posts: 28 Member
Lately I have been forcing myself to eat to reach the minimum calorie intake that has been set for me, my problem is: I'm Not Hungry!!! how can I continue to keep my calorie intake up, If I have no desire to eat?

Replies

• ChristinaRamos
    Options
    Eat 5-6 small meals a day, with protein and carbs in the morning!!!!!
  • marsts
    marsts Posts: 85
    Options
    eat anyways! just because your stomach isnt growling doesnt mean your not hungry, you may have a lack of appetite but im positive your body probably wants food.

instead of having big heaping meals, just have little 100 calorie snacks throughout the day =)
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I just try and choose foods that are higher in calories. For example, a Granny Smith apple has about 80 calories, an orange has 85. Meat has a lot of calories and so do other sources of protein like eggs. If you eat more calories in your meals, you won't have to eat extra food when you aren't hungry.
  • MsKittyCAT
    MsKittyCAT Posts: 217
    Options
    I so wish I had that problem! I am always hungry :(
  • pkeys
    pkeys Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Same problem here. However, I usually try eating fruit. A cup of watermelon, an apple or a tangerine. Then again, maybe just eat something that I have wanted to eat-but could not eat eariler -if it wont cause me to go over my calories.
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Same here, I don't bother eating back the excercise calories, I'd never be able to cram that many in.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been forcing myself to eat to reach the minimum calorie intake that has been set for me, my problem is: I'm Not Hungry!!! how can I continue to keep my calorie intake up, If I have no desire to eat?

1. Eat anyway you need to get your body used to eating regularly

2. Get in a vigorous workout. On gym days I am always starving. Non gym days? Not so much.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Same here, I don't bother eating back the exercise calories, I'd never be able to cram that many in.

I think for people that have more than 100 to lose the it's kind of impossible. I just shoot for between 1200 and 1600 on gym days but still eat 3 meals, 2 snacks. We have plenty of fat to use up so we aren't creating deficits in our bodies.
  • dendeeners
    dendeeners Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My goal is to take in 2220 calories per day and so far I haven't been able to reach it. However my main goal is to take in at least 145 g of protein per day so as long as I reach my protein intake, then I'm good.
  • epa1112
    epa1112 Posts: 12
    Options
    The problem I was having was on my excercise days I wouldn't be all that hungry I would eat my regular meals and be way under my cal intake. Is it okay to just let it ride or should I try to get the excercise cals back? I don't like seeing that message that says if I don't eat more my body with go into starvation mode. I'm a little confused because if I didn't excercise that particular day I would be right on target.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Plan your meals better, for one...I manage to get in between 1800 and 3000 calories of HEALTHY food without issue...and without being overstuffed. I eat lots of protien, and higher fat (fat is NOT bad for you!) food items, meats, cheeses, nuts, etc. I've cut fruits out for a short while here...specifically for the carbs (temporarily)...but on workout days an apple and 4tbsp of Jif Natural peanut butter is over 500 calories...for ONE meal.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/crisanderson27

Check out my diary...in four meals today, I managed to pull off 2000cal...comfortably. I could have snacked in between on string cheese, or another ounce of nuts...and pushed myself up to 2500cal without thinking twice. Even I have to stretch for 3000cal of eating healthy food right now lol...BUT, I can do it easily when I'm not carb cutting.

Cris
  • queen_bea
    queen_bea Posts: 118
    Options
    Gee, wish i had that problem. I'm struggling with keeping UNDER my calorie intake. :|

Good luck!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    The problem I was having was on my excercise days I wouldn't be all that hungry I would eat my regular meals and be way under my cal intake. Is it okay to just let it ride or should I try to get the excercise cals back? I don't like seeing that message that says if I don't eat more my body with go into starvation mode. I'm a little confused because if I didn't excercise that particular day I would be right on target.

Again, an ounce of nuts, a glass of whole milk...a bit of cottage cheese...lots of healthy high calorie foods out there. You guys just need to look up the calorie dense options you have...and eat those instead.
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Plan your meals better, for one...I manage to get in between 1800 and 3000 calories of HEALTHY food without issue...and without being overstuffed. I eat lots of protien, and higher fat (fat is NOT bad for you!) food items, meats, cheeses, nuts, etc. I've cut fruits out for a short while here...specifically for the carbs (temporarily)...but on workout days an apple and 4tbsp of Jif Natural peanut butter is over 500 calories...for ONE meal.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/crisanderson27

Check out my diary...in four meals today, I managed to pull off 2000cal...comfortably. I could have snacked in between on string cheese, or another ounce of nuts...and pushed myself up to 2500cal without thinking twice. Even I have to stretch for 3000cal of eating healthy food right now lol...BUT, I can do it easily when I'm not carb cutting.

Cris

I am with this dude! what he said above plus you are one of my friends and can view my diary. There are days (don't look at today LOL!) I get in 300-350 calories per mini meal. If it's lunch or dinner I can get up to 450 calories for either of those. So if I had 4 mini meals at 350 calories and a 450 calorie dinner or lunch that's 1850 calories. Since I work out six days a week that's good for me. I think I made one lean burger today and added wholly guacamole to it it came up to 360 cals I believe.
    I have to preplan my meals for sure unless I will be under my calories just by thinking that something has more calories than it really does.