Body image confused ?

Options
I'm kind of struggling with my whole body image, it's hard to explain I suppose but I'm wondering if the things I'd have I would still have when I'm toned, for example when I walk I feel my legs wobble but I did watch a very skinny person walk down a cat walk and her legs wobbled so it's so hard to tell what is still have anyone feel the same ??? Xx

Replies

• neekmichelle922
    neekmichelle922 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I feel the same and I'm 5'3 & 107 which is considered pretty tiny according to weight charts..your legs are fine & it's all in your mind just love yourself
  • Lauralou23mfp
    Lauralou23mfp Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ye I'm 5ft and 108 but I feel like a whale !!
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    See a psychiatrist if you're worried.

Not really much we can do to help.
  • Lauralou23mfp
    Options
    Haha they cost money I was just wondering if anyone else had the same kind of feelings
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    It's natural and healthy to have some fat on your body, especially for women. When you walk, legs will be relaxed at some point in your stride. When muscles are relaxed, it's natural for fat to jiggle a little. Even Olympic athletes have a little jiggle. If the jiggle continues for a few seconds after you stop, it might be time to tone up a bit. ;)
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I would definitely work on building some muscle - IMO it'll help with the jiggle feelings you have. It's certainly normal for everyone to jiggle, but if it's bothering you, maybe it's something you can actively work on.

Look into a lifting program like New Rules of Lifting for Women, or Stronglifts 5x5. Lifting is a lot of fun and muscles rock! No, you won't get "bulky", I promise.
  • Lauralou23mfp
    Options
    Haha thank you although I do let my legs relax and grab the fat and wobble it and it does carry on but I'm just getting some pennies then I can buy an exercise bike and currently doing a 30 day fitness challenge a bikini one so hopefully :D xxx
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    It's one of the great many misconceptions about weight loss/fat loss; just because you are skinny doesn't mean you aren't going to have fat and wobbly bits! It's why I've got so into heavy lifting; I would much rather have thighs like Beyoncé than...well....a skinny person who is all fat, shall we say.

Not a great example, but you get my meaning!
  • Lauralou23mfp
    Options
    Ye definitely that's what I'm worried about working so hard and not getting results then keep on trying to lose then I'm just ill
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Haha they cost money I was just wondering if anyone else had the same kind of feelings

if you have health insurance, seeing a psychiatrist can be covered. and if you have real issues, it is worth the expense to talk to someone.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Ye definitely that's what I'm worried about working so hard and not getting results then keep on trying to lose then I'm just ill

Losing more weight isn't always necessary (especially if you're at a healthy weight).
    I think you probably need to do some resistance training/lift heavy weights and add more Protein to your diet.
    This should help you build muscle.
    It takes time though.
  • happytamara
    happytamara Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Me too, I always feel really self conscious about myself but when I see others I see similarities and I'm really scared incase I take my dieting to a dangerous level
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    The body jiggles. You're made of skin and bone, not stone. It's a good reminder when you look in the mirror and walk around and just have to repress a sigh, which I totally understand. I still see the me that was pushing a 5x in stores, not the me that can squeeze in to a large. Body image is something many struggle with, unfortunately.
  • Lauralou23mfp
    Options
    Thank you everyone I'm thinking of doing a few kettle bell classes at my gym but have no co ordination :/ haha !! X
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Try running or swimming. I swim a lot and cannot tell you how much people comment on the muscle tone in my lower legs. More than I'd prefer, honestly. The muscles on the front part of my thighs are already starting to poke through sometimes. And I'm still fat! (Really fat, not "body dysmorphia" fat.) Runners have strong legs.

Better still, take up gymnastics. No exercise for women creates stronger thighs than gymnastics. Not that I've seen, anyway.

You're not fat. Women are designed to have jiggly bits. It's perfectly normal and healthy. You could lift weights or take up some kind of exercise to help get rid of them, if you want, but the only other option is starvation, which will mess up your brain and eventually kill you.
  • Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Have you tried to get on the treadmill and do lots of walking? It's also normal for your legs to wobble wether your big or small. Even top athletes have wobbly bit's. Don't let it consume you.
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    t I did watch a very skinny person walk down a cat walk and her legs wobbled so it's so hard to tell what is still have anyone feel the same ??? Xx

There is wobble because you are a model in ill fitting high heels walking down a slick runway and wobble as in you can see the muscles moving in the legs as someone walks, or because they have a little fat. Everyone's legs will "wobble" when they walk. Keeping working out if it fits into your goals but work on being less critical of yourself (it will make you much happier in the long run).
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Ahh, as The Big Bopper said: A wiggle in the walk...makes the world go round!

Bodies move, we aren't statues. You can lift to firm things up, but your relaxed muscles, skin and subcutaneous fat are always gonna move!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    See a psychiatrist if you're worried.

Not really much we can do to help.

This but I would say psychologists.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    these kind of things are generally attributable to other underlying issues...toning up or getting fit or losing/gaining weight do not resolve the underlying issues.

therapy is good...I spent about 6 months...not for body issues, but for other stuff...I'd highly recommend it.