Setting up your diary in the morning for the whole day

while I'm sitting and having my coffee in the AM, I decide on what I'm going to eat all day and log it in my diary.

This way if I'm getting too much of a certain macro I can go back and change what I have planned. This way there's no decision-making during my hectic day I have a plan I know what I'm doing and I found that this keeps me on track.

Looking for friends to share diaries feel free to add me. I'm looking to lose 30 pounds

Replies

• LAC73167
    LAC73167 Posts: 114 Member
    PS - i'm obnoxiously active on MFP ha ha
  • rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    I enjoy this strategy as well! If I have to change plans on the fly, I know the numbers I have to work with too. If I didn't, I think random switch outs would probably derail me for the day!
  • LAC73167
    LAC73167 Posts: 114 Member
    I agree! I couldn't do this on the fly. I'm too busy during the day and I tend to just grab what's there if I don't have a plan.
  • rachelbouc
    rachelbouc Posts: 65 Member
    I've found that I'm more successful when I prelog my food. Last night I was working on my entries for today until Thursday. Most of the items have generalized weights (using cups instead of grams). When I make my lunch and weigh everything out I change the measurement to grams. Making lunch is so much easier now!
  • amoynoodle
    amoynoodle Posts: 46 Member
    Yep yep i do this!! :) i find it very satisfying and it helps me to know how many cals i will have left for my little after dinner treat! :D
  • LyssaRonnell
    LyssaRonnell Posts: 182 Member
    I prelog almost everyday. It helps me stay on tack. If I decide I want to add a snack I'll know the best option for that day. Things change, but it's easy to change certain things throughout the day.
  • MsSarahRuth
    MsSarahRuth Posts: 8 Member
    I just started back on MFP again, and I'm doing this as well. First thing in the morning, while I have my coffee, I plan my entire day out. Once I have logged it, I feel like I have committed and it's so much easier to stay on track. I have done MFP before, and I tried this method. It worked for me then, but I didn't always do it consistently. My goal is to stick with this method now, since I don't have time to exercise so my diet is the key for me!

Btw: I re-joined the site yesterday and could use friends for motivation and support!! Anyone??
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    I love prelogging, it means I know exactly how many 'extras' I can have during the day. I eat the same thing basically every weekday, so I've got it down to about 2 minutes in the morning while my porridge is cooking/cooling.
  • rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    rachelbouc I do the same thing. Sort of fill in the weights and measures I 'think' it will be, then finalize once I weigh out my meal when building it.

Little after dinner treats are very motivating :blush:
  • SparklySarah412
    SparklySarah412 Posts: 74 Member
    I like prelog my whole day too, usually with the sole purpose of being able to factor in a sweet treat for after my evening meal! Must admit I don't tend to worry too much about my macros though.

Add me if you like, I'm new here and don't have very many buddies yet. I've got about 15-20lbs to lose.
  • anne_croft
    anne_croft Posts: 10 Member
    I pre-log too, I find it easier without having to think about what I'm going to eat on my way home from work everyday. That way I'll know if I have enough left for a glass of wine
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Indeed, a very good idea!
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    I typically pre-log for 2 weeks at a time which helps not only with staying on track with macros and my dr prescribed sodium level, but it also helps my budget because I only buy what I need so no wasteful spending anymore. I am looking to lose about 15-25 more lbs. I have already lost 36 lbs from my original goal.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    shell1005 wrote: »
    I always pre log my food. It let's me know I am on course to meet my calories and macros for the day and just makes it so much easier. I log my food and eat what I logged. It's been one of the most effective strategies I had in losing weight.

This, totally. It prevents the "I'm hungry, what do I eat now?" munchies. I know what I'm supposed to eat so I just grab it.
  • krichard08
    krichard08 Posts: 62 Member
    Same here. I log the days worth every morning though i have to admit I am not good about it on the weekends. Major issue that I need to address!
  • Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    I do this as well, sometimes for a few days in advance. Typically as the day goes on I'll think what do I want to eat tomorrow and how much I am working out tomorrow? I'll usually spend half the calories just on what I want to eat and then I'll fill in the macro needs as I go. Getting enough fat can be a pain on non-cardio days.
  • misslettucey
    misslettucey Posts: 6 Member
    I didn't used to do this but I've recently changed my daily calorie allowance and so I've started prelogging the night before as I'm not confident yet with hoiw much I can eat with my new calories. If it seems to help I might keep it up.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited July 2015
    I usually prelog the night before while I'm making my lunch for work.

Prelogging makes life so much easier.
  • Faith4eva31
    Faith4eva31 Posts: 98 Member
    I agree! Pre-logging helped me in the past to lose 25lbs! I do the same thing now!