Getting there!

Options
I find it a bit challenging to keep track of calories and foods cause it can seem like a hassle but I take the time to do it cause I know it will be worth it and will come easier just as exercise and clean diet will! Best wishes for you all!

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Entering your foods into your diary doesn't take long, at all. It takes up a few minutes of my day, not even that.

What is a clean diet?

heh
  • IcyL0ve
    IcyL0ve Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ya I was still trying to get use to the app. Lol You know clean like no super greasy or unhealthy foods :)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    IcyL0ve wrote: »
    Ya I was still trying to get use to the app. Lol You know clean like no super greasy or unhealthy foods :)

I don't know what you define as "unhealthy," but are you really planning on avoiding some foods for the rest of your life?
  • roxybeer
    roxybeer Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I wash some of my foods prior to eating. Does that make them clean? Usually I just do it because I didn't want to eat dirt.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    So do you think you'll be able to do this for the rest of your life? What if you go out for a meal with friends? What then?

Super greasy... so I assume you don't use oils to cook with?

Stop labeling foods healthy and unhealthy. Everything is unhealthy in abundance - one unhealthy meal won't make you unhealthy, one healthy meal won't make you healthy.

• IcyL0ve
    Options
    I take life one day at a time. I don't really go out. I am busy with my nursing career. I like healthy fats but try to avoid too much cheese and salt particularly. I get your point. I agree with that. No one healthy food will not make you healthy and one unhealthy food will not make you unhealthy. That's common sense but there are foods that are better than others. Everyone's body is different. For example, I have had gall bladder surgery so I have to avoid foods high in fat because bile is what helps break down fat. I aim for high protein. I am not trying to really debate anything here. What's considered as clean eating varies between opinions. Have you really not heard that term before? :) Anyway best wishes with whatever you do.
  • IcyL0ve
    Options

I don't know what you define as "unhealthy," but are you really planning on avoiding some foods for the rest of your life?

Ya I guess some people really get offended about that term. It does mean different things to different people but I already cut certain foods out of my diet that I'll never eat again after my surgery.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

Ya I guess some people really get offended about that term. It does mean different things to different people but I already cut certain foods out of my diet that I'll never eat again after my surgery.

I don't think anyone here is offended by your use of that term.
  • IcyL0ve
    Options
    roxybeer wrote: »
    I wash some of my foods prior to eating. Does that make them clean? Usually I just do it because I didn't want to eat dirt.

Yes it does make your food cleaner.
    It helps wash of pesticides from fruits and vegetables ... Or dirt :)
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options

People don't get offended as such, but the term 'clean eating' is one that is thrown around so often, and it doesn't actually mean anything; anybody which uses this term is usually asked to define it, and then chaos and cat gifs ensue :p
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I label foods as healthy and unhealthy. There are some foods that I plan on not eating for the rest of my life.

"Clean" is used in so many different ways that it doesn't have a concrete definition. If you use it to mean "not greasy" we can work with that, but a lot of people use it differently.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

People don't get offended as such, but the term 'clean eating' is one that is thrown around so often, and it doesn't actually mean anything; anybody which uses this term is usually asked to define it, and then chaos and cat gifs ensue :p

I don't think people objecting to an unclear term is the same thing as being offended.
  • IcyL0ve
    Options

Lol well I'll never use that term again goodness haha smh